Wholecloth comforter for my Mother-in-law

This is the wholecloth that I have been working on for my MIL for the last year. It is 103 x 103! It feels amazing to have it finally finished. Between Chris' accident, his therapy and everything else that's been happening for the past year I'm actually amazed it only took me a year to do it.

It is an original design, stitched with so-fine on top, bottom line in the bobbin, poly batting and hobbs 80/20. Marked it with a blue water erase marker. The top is a moda wideback, cream tonal. I know my MIL is going to love it because I gave it to her for Christmas, but I still needed to do the binding, which I finally finished yesterday! Woo Hoo, feels good to have it done.

post--13461906465905_thumb.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Binding is cut on the bias for the curves. The inside peaks were tricky, don't know if I did it the right way but used a stilleto to help with the miters on the backside. It took two days to sew on the binding and stitch it down on the back. I think that was harder than doing the quilting!!!

I don't know if I did it the "correct" way, but it's done and I'm happy with it.

Archived