A touching moment today

Just wanted to share a moment with my middle son he's 30 years and has gone to college since high school working a full and part time job while getting his engineering degree. He graduated with summa cum laude honors couldn't be more proud. Anyhow Adam and his wife Jeani came over for dinner today and he took me aside to say Mom I really appreciate the money you gave me for graduation (which I quilted 6 quilts to get) but if you wouldn't mind I would like to give the money back and it would really mean alot if you would make us a king size quilt that we can have forever. I know this is silly but I have been crying ever since. I didn't think my quilts meant that much to the kids being they have grown up around them their whole life what a pleasant surprise. I must be hormonal today. LOL. Thanks for listening I have to go get a Kleenex still crying!!!!

Isn't that sweet ???? It's amazing how much more our kids appreciate us and how much smarter WE get as they get older, isn't it? haha Instead of getting "oh Mom, chill out" , I get, "Mom, I have a question" and she actally listens ! haha Our DD is 33 and our son is 36.

Well you are going to make me get the kleenex out too! He sounds a lot like my son who is 28. My daughter announced to me when she was 13 that she wanted to go to the store and buy a "real" quilt and it almost broke my heart. Well she had a "real" quilt until she was 22 or so. At that time she looked at me and asked when she was going to get one. I told her I didn't think she wanted the fake things. She said, "Well mom obviously I was young and dumb then." LOL I made her her quilt and my son says, "Where's mine." I told him he already had 3 and he says, "Hey mom a boy can't have too many quilts." Enjoy making that quilt! I'm sure it will be something special.

Thank you to everyone for sharing. It's kinda funny of all the quilt patterns I showed them they picked a quilt pattern I am working on now but in a different color. I am making one for DH for Christmas and nobody knew that. I will try to get pics on when it's done. Still haven't figured how to get pics on here but with the last thread on it I'm going to try again. Heidi I made my daughter an applique quilt and just showed her and wanted input on how she would like it quilted and she said like they would do in the store. I about fell over. I quess I could have went to the store for hers. LOL You just never know about kids.

Archived