A touching moment today

Yea, kids are so funny. My kids grew up watching me custom sew for other people. I sewed all kinds of gowns, beautiful custom dresses and muumuus but they never wanted me to sew their clothes. I told them I could sew better than anything they found in the stores and I could custom design anything they wanted. People paid me alot of oney to sew for them. But they didn't want it. I made a custom quilt for my college son at Christmas break but he never put it on his bed yet. He never used it. My youngest daughter don't want a quilt either (so I'm not wasting my time) , but my oldest one (26 years) , she wants everything she sees. "Wow mom, can you make one for me too" wherever she see me quilting a quilt she likes. She thinks I can just "whip" one out. I cannot wait when the day comes and my kids appreciate all that I do. You have a wonderful son. He's going to love the quilt you make:)

Congratulations on Adam's graduation. It is so hard to earn a technical degree while working full or part time - most programs in engineering are designed for folks who have NOTHING else to do. The roadside is littered with kids who have tried and not made it. That Adam has his degree, a wife, and 'gets' what his mom does makes him a really great guy. Must have something to do with his parents:)

Lynn

Thanks everyone. Hitomi my daughter is the same way as yours. I made her an applique quilt not quilted yet and all she said was that's nice! We are going to pick out material next week. Adam and Jeani are going with me so I get the right colors. I will be sure and do pics. Thanks again

Archived