Sign in to follow this  
Pennyquilts

Third border done ~ photos~

Penny: Have you attached your applique by machine with invisible thread? or have you done it by hand, (and stayed up all night?)

It will be stunning when done - looking forward to seeing pictures.

Thanks,

Joanne Flamand

Artistic Quilt Design

how on earth do you applique so quickly. i am slower than molasses when i do hand applique. do you ever sleep?

Kristina at website http://withakquilting.blogspot.com/ and personal blog http://froggybottomquilting.blogspot.com/

Hoppily quilting along with FROGGER - my Green Millennium, and TOAD - my Liberty. Quiltazoid equipped too!

Beautiful work! I too am amazed at the amount of work you get done! Do you have quilting elves in your studio that work night and day on your quilts? ; )

2EC2AA7574F475301B3018AECBD11B21.png

Proud Owner of 2009 Millie

Bliss & Quiltazoid Friendly

We cannot change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust our sails.....

No Janette, I have been working on this project for months. I have had all the applique pieces ready. I use freezer paper and a glue stick to turn my seam allowances. I do machine applique, using clear thread and a very very small zig zag stitch. It does go quicker than hand applique.

Penny Streeter

Pennyspatches@icloud.com

Cell 570-529-2543

Troy Pa

Penny it looks beautiful so far, can't wait until you finish and show us pic's.:)

6CE1B7A7F42F008E71DFC4B5D4645266.png

2016 Blissed Millie!
"You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give".
Kahlil Gibran

Beautiful applique! How do you get it done so quickly? Do I remember somewhere reading you use 3 layers of freezer paper? Do you just fold the edges over and glue them?

Kim

Originally posted by IBQLTN2

you are almost there now, just one more border to go and then comes, Oh No, now how do I quilt this one?? Or have you already got that figured out?

After the last applique border then a small border of the dark tan goes on. Then, time to remove all the freezer paper and trim the back away from the appliques.

I have that already figured out how I want to quilt this one. But, I had to go on a wild goose chase to find the Wool batting, but I found it!

Penny Streeter

Pennyspatches@icloud.com

Cell 570-529-2543

Troy Pa