Millinium or Freedom

Hi Della. I like both, the Millie has a bobbin thread cutter and automatic channel locks. The Freedom is a bit lighter in weight. Both have a 26 inch throat space. How old are they? Where are you located? I would be happy to answer any question if you want to give me a call. You will be happy with either.

The APQS website has a link where you can compare the features available on each of the models. I recently upgraded to a Freedom SR from a Lenni. I think the only differences between the Millie and the Freedom are the Milli has a lower thread cutter, vertical channel locks, and some more controls on the left handle. Look at the features you want and compare prices. I didn't care about the thread cutter or the channel locks, so chose the Freedom and lower price. Whichever one you choose, you will love it; you really can't go wrong!!

The channel locks are a plus on the Millie. I use mine for piano key borders, key type designs, loading the quilt. They are handy at times. I haven't used the thread cutter since about my 3rd quilt, took it off about a year ago.

They are the same machine except for those 2 features.

Originally posted by cblevins

Welcome to the forum! I have a millie but don't use the thread cutter. I tested a Freedom not too long ago and loved the fact that it was lighter. You will be happy with either if you put m&m wheels on it!!!

I had a Millie and didn't use the thread cutter. In fact I took it off the machine to make it lighter. I did like my channel locks, but could have worked around that.

Tough choice, both are excellent machines. The Mille has a few more features but none that cannot be easily done with out. I do use the channel lock every quilt when I load and having the electronic one is a convience. I also never use the thread cutter. So it is a toss up.

Have your tried them both?

I am getting a Freedom head and trading in the Millie head. I wanted the lighter weight and the new lighting system and quilt glide. My machine is a 2005 so I couldn't upgrade those items. I also have IQ and bliss so I hope I'm totally happy now!!! I think I will miss the automatic channel locks but I will get the gig down on how to lock manually.

I had a Lenni and Loved her!!!! Now I have an 09 Freedom and I love her. Keep in mind I don't have Bliss or M&M Wheels and I find her easy to use. I don't think I would like the heaver machine but that's just me. You really need to put your hands on both although I didn't. Hmmmmmm

I had a 2005 Millie, which I loved but I wanted some of the new features. so I sold her to a friend and bought a Freedom SR. I love her! I never used the thread cutter and I haven't missed the vertical lock. The difference in price paid for the Bliss!

Archived