I'm In Total Shock

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for sharing your picture.....Love it; your quilt and your cute dogs. My dog (and cat) always know and love when I'm working on a new quilt or project.......they hang with me and they gotta feeeeeeeeeel it too! They're only human:P:P:P Try tell them they're not one of my kids:P:P:P

Donna

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I feel sorry for people like that because there really is no reason to be rude that way. I'm not even upset about it. It's more like I can't believe someone could be that way to a total stranger. Their problem, not mine:D

I am happy to hear that the comments have been removed! I would not care to read them-as far as your dogs on your quilt....Well I have a few friends that would be offended by #1 quilt on the floor & #2 the dogs ON the quilt! How do I know? Jean was SO rudely angry when I was telling a mutual friend about my Roomba who loves to sleep UNDER the quilts!! Yes she acutually tries to "scrape" the quilts aside so she can go under them. When we are sitting on the couch She will actually stand & stare at me untill I lift the quilt up for her to go under it. I have had many animals But this is the ONLY dog I have had or heard about that loves to be under them! Your picture shows me a beautiful quilt (nice straight rows!) & two VERY happy dogs!! You should be VERY proud of both!!!!!

P.S. The only quilts I do not allow my pets on or near are those I have been comissioned to make for others!

Glad to see the comments removed as well. Your quilt is beautiful as well as the dogs. When you make a quilt, it is yours to do with it what you want. Does that lady not give away quilts to other people? Does she go daily to check on those quilts to make sure they are properly used? Really, she needs to worry about other things, life is just to short.

OMG!!! Your dogs are precious! What quilt? I don't see a quilt! I see two precious family members. What are their names? We once had a long-haired weenie and his name was Oscar. We loved him to pieces!!!! I was kidding about the quilt. I really really like it. And your babbies are saying they do too!!!!;););)

:P If you've been on the forum for any time, you'll notice sometimes we get whole topics going all about our "helpers" and "quilt testers!" Our animals are always welcome here and sometimes even supply comic relief on "one of thoses days." By the way, your quilt testers are very cute!

Is't it great how some people always *know* exactly how other people should be running their lives??? I've got cats...several of them (people keep dumping them off, and sick and starved they always end up on my deck!)

I have "cat quilts" on the beds. My fabric, my time and my money. I truly think there is something wrong with people who feel the need to trash complete strangers on the internet over something like this. Your dogs probably wouldn't like this person, either!

what a cute picture...and even if this wasn't for a pupper....it still needs to be tested out and whom better to put their seal of approval on an item than a critter. Critter approval is very important in this house...and always a welcome.

I too am glad that Superior threads took the nasty gram off...there wasn't any reason for an attach like that.

I love this quilt, and your fur babies obviously approve. I think their opinion is much more reliable than that of rude party poopers!

If the intended pup doesn't like this quilt, I'll take it. Just let me know and I'll send you my address. ;)

Seriously, I love the rich colors in these fabrics. I've been wanting to do something that was quick and easy, but still visually appealing. I think I just found my next project. Thanks for the inspiration!

All your reply posts are great! Thanks for the support. I know there are lots of pet lovers on this site and after all, if someone doesn't like animals, there's something wrong somewhere:D Vanessa is 9-1/2 and her face is all gray. She acts like a puppy sometimes. Logan just turned 9 and he is my little shadow. They are spoiled rotten:)

I know of a quilt shop that has several cats (and dogs) who help you shop for fabric. Yep, right up on top of the fabrics and cutting tables...the owner is big-time into rescue animals. Thank the lord for people like her. It is her right to have them in the shop if she wants, she has a sign posted "beware of pets" so if a person is allergic or doesn't care for animals they can choose not to shop there. This shop is located out in the country on a farm so I feel it is appropriate. Beautiful shop, wonderful staff, huge selection of fabrics, and of course the wonderful four-legged helpers makes for a great experience.

Archived