Stitch Regulator beeping?

diamond68

i have the millie. SR will beep all the time that you have it in SR mode. assuming that Luci is the same. that beeping sound lets me know that i'm still in SR mode. some like it, some don't. i just put my music on and forget that it's beeping.

are you saying that in manual mode you get a beeping? hmmm ...

No the beeping is there to warn you that your in SR mode. It doesn't turn off unless your in manual mode. When on SR mode if you move the head it will take a stitch and the beep is a don't forget tool. You will get so that you won't even notice it, yet know it's there.

Guest Linda S

The beeping drove me batty. Check out your manual. When you take the cover off, you can find the little speaker that makes the beep. I put some thick batting and a small piece of painter's tape over mine. It's still there, but barely audible. I've got the flashing light to warn me of the SR -- I don't need the noise.

Originally posted by diamond68

Setup my new Luci today and have it all loaded. In manual mode stitching is looking fine. When I switch to SR it continues to beep. Isn't it supposed to quit? Maybe I need to adjust something? Thanks for the help on a holiday weekend.

Shelley

Are you saying that after you turn on the SR it isn't taking stitches? Make sure you tap the green button after you turn on your SR. The green button turns on the sewing motor. If you don't have the motor on, it won't take stitches.

HTH!

The SR chirp is a safety feature. When you are stitching, the sound is over-ridden by the noise made by the motor. When you have stopped to think--where should I go from here? That's when it will drive you crazy! You are trying to figure out the next step and that darn chirp is distracting you. Soon you will realize you no longer are distracted--you will be thinking faster as your skills improve plus you will be used to the sound. Most seasoned stitchers will say the sound doesn't bother them or they don't notice it--and eventually that will be true for you as well.

Congrats on your APQS purchase and welcome to the friendly forum.:)

Archived