R & S Boards

Debbie Brown

R & S Design Boards and stylus on APQS Millennium - There is not enough space from the bottom carriage and table to allow the machine head to flow over the Boards on the table.

How can I raise the machine head to add space enough for the boards? Are there longer screws and washers available to do this? Thank you for any advice.

Originally posted by VIVIANMABLE

I had the same trouble. I replaced the black table top with thinner plexiglass and I could use the boards just fine. Then I recently got the M & M wheels which raised my machine up so I could use the original black tabletop again.

Well duh on me. I didn't think about the darker table top. That's why they don't fit under the glider, mine is clear. How much do you need to clear is it just a washer width or do you need much more. You can get additional washer from the hardware store or APQS and even your rep may have some.

I have seen some people with the clear boards, was that an after purchase, or your machine came that way? I have the black boards, and I forgot about the clear ones. I would assume that they are plexiglass.

Karen...all machines until about 1-2 years ago came with the clear ones. Not sure why the changes. But now the black one is standard but a smug thicker than the clear one. I'm guessing it's a strength thing. But I wouldn't trade my clear one for anything....I have a 14 foot lightbox should I need it as such. And yes it's a thick plexiglass.

Hi Karen--perhaps there is someone in your area who has up-graded to a Bliss and will sell you their old clear top for a good price. It will fit with a minimal bit of trimming.

My old rails and tabletop have been recycled as a shelf unit for Dennis and I do miss using the table as a light box.

It only took about 1/8th inch more clearance to work. The black boards are 1/4" and the plexiglass was about 1/8" thinner. I used the plexi for quite a while until I got the M & M wheels. I didn't buy enough plexi to go the entire 14' of my table. It isn't cheap! Sometimes I would forget and lay something on the table and it woulf fall to the floor because there was no plexi there .....:P:P:P

Archived