Loudness of work of machines APQS

Bretomek

Hi,

I'm Tomek from Poland! I can't speek english - sorry for numerous errors...

I have a very important question before purchase of logarm machine. My wife works with domestic machine (Elna 7300) at home. We have neighbors over and under we. That is intensifying of sound when machine works? Does producer - APQS defines level of loudness gauget in decibels?

What is your experience?

Thanks!

Tomek

Guest Linda S

Your English is quite good! I don't know if we have a decibel rating, but it is similar to a vacuum cleaner as far as level of noise, it's a lower pitch though.

I have found that my 2010 Freedom SR is much more quiet than my 2005 Millie was. Neither is extremely loud, though!

I might add that my machine is in a second story room. I asked my husband and he said he has not noticed vibration/loudness. The room is carpeted.

well, I live in an apartment building, and even though I only got it a couple of weeks ago, I've been playing a lot, and the neighbours haven't complained. From the hall it isn't any louder than music coming from any other apartment. The floor has carpet, and we put some moving discs under the legs (the ones with a hard plastic saucer and a dense foam pad) and so far, so good. (I'm moving in a few months, anyways, so complaints won't really affect me.)

Definatly pad the legs. I lived in an apartment for awhile with one below. The husband would complain that he heard/felt the vibration when I was working, Wife said she didn't believe there was any problem as it was such a tiny hum, It was on one layer of carpet and pad. Her DH complained about everything---walking into my kitchen in the morning barefoot to get my coffee, my 7 lb dog's feet made way too much noise. I didn't pay much attention to his fussing. I was also moving and did,.

Wonder if Mike could run a test on it for decibles? He's the engineer. Or maybe they have that info already avail for OSHA compliance.

Archived