background filler question

quiltinchicks

hey everyone-

ok, this is probably such a stupid question and I am missing the boat. When you are wanting to do one of the fillers on part of a block, are you just looking over from the back of the machine trying to not go out of your perimeter? or is there a easier way to do this?

thanks =)

amy in co

I have the Quiltazoid, but when I am working from the back and need to stop at a border, etc. I put painter's tape at that point across the board. It could work the same way at the beginning of the board if you wanted to start in a spot other than the edge. Doing a "fill" might be harder though. It would be much easier to work from the front where you can see exactly where you are.

Originally posted by meg

oh i now see this is regarding circle lord....sorry - i'm useless to you. good luck. its times like this we really miss marybeth. she was the resident CL guru.

I'm still lurking...;)

You can do the background fillers from the back of the machine. If you have applique going on, you can "feel" the difference when you are getting close - or at lease I could. If you don't have applique, you will need to be able to watch over the bar to see where you are. Fortunately, with the CL, the stylis is in the groove so you won't need to worry about that part, just peek over the rail and watch where you are going. Take your time, don't try to speed through it. I hope this helps.

Archived