Calibration

Sheila Poore

Sheila,

You will only get the "go back to starting point" message if your motors are too far out of the accepted range of deviation. It sounds like yours were perfect and that is why you didn't get that message.

I installed an IQ system today and when I calibrated, I didn't get that message either so the alignement was good.

Here's Zoltan's explanation:

"The "Return to starting point" message is shown ONLY if the 24" measurement is within +/- 5", and the 12" measurement is within +/- 3" of the target. You do need to move the needle 24" and 12" to get a valid calibration.

I added a message "Too large deviation (x.x", y.y"), please repeat calibration" when the measurements are out of the above range, where x.x is the actual measurement for 24" and y.y the actual measurement for 12"."

HTH!

Thanks Angela, Friday was a little trying but hopefully everything is good...had to go to Idaho for a funeral yesterday but now I'm on to the next test after calibration....I must have calibrated 20 times trying to get that darn message to pop up! Thanks so much for your help and I hope things went well with your car.

sheila

Archived