Magna-Glide Classics

There are also magna bobbins for Perma Soft. Have some for my quilt--hopefully it will be on my machine soon. They are bothe Tex 27 so are the same but is less slick than Glide. It works beautifully on my Millie. Also the Cairo Cottons are my new favorite for cotton.

I am a fan of the Cairo Quilt thread, it is fabulous, works wonderfully, I just love it, Please Please add more colors, it is a beautiful thread, for top and bottom. I think I have just 5 cones of poly and all the rest is Cairo and the variegated cotton, which I can't remember the name, Oh My, would like more colors....

• 4 weeks later...

We currently offer white, black, and will have the same 10 colors we previously offered. This consists of cream, light tan, light grey, lead grey, Tabriz Orchid, Navy, Candy Apple Red, Hawaiian Blue, Bright Gold, and Totem Green. Please also note that we have 52 stock colors in the Magna-Glide Delights so your possibilities should be endless.

Do you gals use colors like the Hawaiian Blue, Totem Green and Bright Gold. Personally, I don't think I would - especialy to buy them 100 at a time. I would probably use the red, but not that often either. I prefer the more neutral colors for those bulk orders and for a lot of the quilts I do...........charity or utility quilts where I don't really want to spend the $$ on the Delight bobbins. I do like the Delights on those special quilts sometime.

Originally posted by VIVIANMABLE

Do you gals use colors like the Hawaiian Blue, Totem Green and Bright Gold. Personally, I don't think I would - especialy to buy them 100 at a time. I would probably use the red, but not that often either. I prefer the more neutral colors for those bulk orders and for a lot of the quilts I do...........charity or utility quilts where I don't really want to spend the $$ on the Delight bobbins. I do like the Delights on those special quilts sometime.

Linda I'm with you. I don't want delights because it just takes too many. I love the classics but I use mostly neutral colors for my backs. Oh well I guess I'll have to stick with the white, tan, cream and wind my own for taupe. Grey doesn't blend enough on taupe to go that route either.

Between the Classics being added, and the Delights we feel that we offer a diverse range of colors for nearly all purposes. If sales justify expanding the classic color line, it will be considered. When we add a color, it must then be added in "L" and "M" so it ultimately becomes a significant # of sku's.

IMHO if you expand your Classics line with more of the basic colors - red, navy, browns, taupe, white, creams, darker greens(?), you will sell a ton of them ! I used to buy the taupe paper sided prewounds by the gross (from another major thread company) and went through them like hotcakes. A lot of my friends only use the taupe as well because it is so versitle. I love the Delights, but they just go too fast and cost too much to use on charity, kids, utility quilts. There are many of us out here who don't do just Show Quilts, but just the every day User Friendly quilts. Your Warm Grey is pretty close to the Taupe we like, but only comes in Delights. :(

Thanks !

Originally posted by glide!12

We are getting great feedback on the return of the Magna-Glide classics, and appreciate the feedback from those who tested them. Look for two new colors on our website today! Hope that everyone has a great Labor Day weekend.

I need to order and just went to the website to see what 2 colors you will be adding and only saw that green was new. What is the other?? Please say the light tan!! :P

Need some of your expert help please, as a newbie with a Liberty.

I want to start off with GOOD thread. Magna-glide sent me 2 free "delight" bobbins and I want to place my first order with them. (Used these at Manquilter's and in three hours I only had one thread breakage) What is the difference between Classics and Delight? I'm thinking Classics is thinner (60wt) as opposed to 40 wt. so your thread goes further.

I am ordering their Delights sampler packs in basics and colors for the top and basics for bobbins.

What do you think? Is this a good start? Should I add Classics?

Donna

APQS Liberty

I was excited to see the new colors on the web site. I ordered a box of each cream, and grey, and got two other friends to order them, so thanks fil-tec. That cream and grey will blend so much better than the white.

Also, I just finished a quilt with the varigated Harmony thread and the magna quilt bobbins. They are both cotton thread. It worked just as well as the magna glide bobbins for me, except of course there was a lot more to clean out of the bobbin, and I had to clean it about every bobbin. But, as you know the glide doesn't really make much fuzz.

• 1 month later...

Archived