patrea

IQ vs. Compuquilter

Of course I'm sure you will get lots of opinions. lol

I have had the compuquilter and now have the Intelliquilter. They are both great Systems. The major difference for me was that at the touch of a button I can go freehand and I can build the ENTIRE quilt on the screen and see how one Pattern relates to another. Happy to share the differences with you. I also like not Having a KEYBOARD and mouse to work with and my Screen is at my fingertips ALL THE TIME. I got tired of walking to the far left of my Machine to See the Compuquilter Screen as my Sight has worsened over the years. I like everything at my fingertips.

Also I love that I carry my IQ tablet everywhere I go to Share the beautiful quilts that I design using it. The quilt shops and customers love having that Visual of the Completed Quilt right on the Tablet. I can share no matter where I am all the beautiful designs I own and can use in my business. I just love that.

VERY EASY to installl the Intelliquilter.

Feel free to contact me if you would like an ONLINE DEMONSTRATION of the Intelliquilter Features. I'm happy to do that for you if would like. The advanced features are amazing.

All the best in your decision.

Grammie Tammie

Tammie Baggett

aka Grammie Tammie

926 Stephens Dr

Westcliffe, Colorado 81252

grammietammie2014@gmail.com

Guest Linda S

My IQ just arrived today. I too like the immediacy (is that a word?) of being able to switch from freehand to computerized, the fact I can take the tablet off the machine and design a quilt in my lap, the ease of recording my own patterns. I am looking forward to a long and loving relationship with this baby! ;)

Linda you are really in for a treat with your IQ. I love this system. I have alot of travel till the end of August and I'm going to get home-sick for sure. At least I can play with my Tablet while I'm away to keep the creativity flowing from time to time.

All the best. You are going to love it.

Grammie Tammie

Tammie Baggett

aka Grammie Tammie

926 Stephens Dr

Westcliffe, Colorado 81252

grammietammie2014@gmail.com

My IQ arrived today also. A couple of things made me choose IQ.

They have quite an active yahoo group (I applied to the CQ group over 3 months ago and still haven't been let in).

Lots of how to video on the IQ website.

I haven't seen a used IQ on the market but I've seen several CQs for sale because their owners are changing to IQ.

Nigel & Brenda

Ultimate 1 with IQ later this week

Green Millenium

Brenda Wells - Green Millie. Sold November 2017
Nigel Wells - Ultimate 1 with |Intellistitch & IQ

What machine do you have? One of the great things about both Intelliquilter and CompuQuilter is that neither one will negate your 8 year APQS warranty. Both of these systems work great with APQS machines.

I did a video tour of how the Intelliquilter hooks up to a standard Milllennium that might help you visualize IQ a bit better. You can find it here.

You might like to see the more than 350 patterns that come loaded free on Intelliquilter. See 350+ designs on IQ free'>Just click here.

Lots of people enjoy the large number of free tutorial videos on IQ's features. You can see more of those here.

I don't know if you are quilting as a business but adding IQ allowed me to cut my waiting time in half and I've done twice as much business since adding it. If you want more concrete business insight if you are planning on adding for your small business, give me a ring or email. It has been a HUGE part of my business's growth.

What you are doing, asking owners about why they chose their particular system is perfect. The more informed you are, the better.

I don't know if you are near Knoxville but at the show this weekend you can see Intelliquilter in action. Of course, you can always contact your local dealer too for a demo. Click here to see the list ofof IQ dealers which should help you gain more info and insight.

Have fun!You can find it here.

I have an IQ and love it. I know of a VERY GOOD quilter that switched from CQ to IQ and loves the IQ. IQ is VERY user friendly and the support system is awesome!!! It is also extremely accurate. You will never regret it!!! I really like being able to piece while the machine is going accross my quilt.

Marie Brewer

Pine Needle Quilting

Hermosa, SD

Mille Owner

Patrea, check out the Yahoo, IQ group. You can get a lot of info there. You don't have to own an IQ to join. The Engineer (inventor) is always on there answering questions (Zoltan). The customer support is "above and beyond all others". Ok, right up there with APQS!!! I don't know much about the Computquilter, so I can't compare. When I got my IQ, I went for the portability, having the computer "tablet" on the machine, and instant switch from IQ to free motion. Good luck and have fun shopping! Did I mention we're getting a fairly good size support group in this catagory also.:cool::cool:

Connie
Port Huron, MI   48060
APQS Sales Rep and Educator
Millennium with Intelliquilter (IQ)

"Be a good listener, your ears will never get you in trouble" Frank Tygr

sewsweetgator@aol.com
http://www.yoursite.com
287890c1690b93fca26ac74c1d32b308.png

As I type this, my IQ is on a FedEx flight up here and should arrive tomorrow (Thurs, July 14) and I will spend Friday at home installing it to my Millenniuim! :)

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

WOW, we are getting enough APQS gals (guys also) to have our own sub-forum here. Congrats everyone, you are going to have fun, fun, and more fun. My only recommendation is that if you don't have the Bliss tracks be sure to keep your rails clean. The IQ will recognize the dirty track as an obstruction. You don't need any special cleaning stuff just your normal daily swipe. I clean my rails with windex and my IQ wheels with high proof alcohol. Now quilt away, can't wait to see the results.:D:D:D

Connie
Port Huron, MI   48060
APQS Sales Rep and Educator
Millennium with Intelliquilter (IQ)

"Be a good listener, your ears will never get you in trouble" Frank Tygr

sewsweetgator@aol.com
http://www.yoursite.com
287890c1690b93fca26ac74c1d32b308.png

My advice for anyone ordering an IQ is to clean your house b/4 it arrives because you won't want to do anything else but quilt and play once it arrives!!!

Marie Brewer

Pine Needle Quilting

Hermosa, SD

Mille Owner

Originally posted by juliagraves

What is the price comparison for Compuquilter vs IQ?

When someone orders a machine, does anything special need to be done to make it "computer ready"?

Thanks,

Julia

Julia,

You can get IQ installed for $12,500. Depending on your make/model of machine you may need to purchase an install kit. For example, if you have a Millennium on the standard table, you'll need the install kit which is $160. Inside the kit are new Edgerider wheels for your machine. Or, you could purchase the M&M wheels from APQS and avoid the install kit fee. There will also be some dealer travel costs if you are getting it installed.

Since APQS is a no drill install there are some who prefer to install IQ themselves. In that case, the IQ system is only $12,000.

Also, if you have a standard APQS table and get your IQ installed on that table, then decide to upgrade to the Bliss carriage/table system, you'll need some new motor brackets and other small stuff from IQ to remount your IQ on the new table. At this time, that conversion kit is free!

What machine do you have? If I know that, I can give you better info.

HTH!

I love the IQ for all the reasons mentioned above but another feature I like is to click on true size on the screen, measure the design element then I can look right down and see if the scale of the design complements the quilt or not.

3EAE3E003BE317F1F9B22C884AD7B5E3.png

www.silverneedlestitching.com

APQS Millenium with Bliss & Intelliquilter

Guest Linda S

Getting an IQ is a totally mind-blowing experience. I had seen (I thought) most of its capabilities before I bought it, but once it was installed and Helen began to show me all it could do, I was just blown away. You can make designs from just about nothing, you can save a squiggle and fan it out, and flip it, skew it, attach it to something else, take an element out of a panto or other design and just use that one element, duplicate it, move it around, follow the shape of wonky quilting blocks, record and edit your own stuff, etc., etc. One of the things I love about IQ, and a difference that I've noted over Statler (though I'm not sure it applies to CQ) -- when you go to buy patterns, you will see that sometimes you need to buy an extra corner or a flipped design for other systems. Some are not as versatile as IQ. Now, mind you, I don't own the other systems, so I can't tell you which ones specifically require this, but if you shop the digital pages you will see what I mean.