Superior Thread really is....Superior, that is!

The latest newsletter from Superior states that due to popular demand they are now offering their 72 count (1/2 gross) and their 144 count (full gross) pre-wound BottomLine bobbins with the option to mix colors.

You must order in dozen batches, but I would love to order half red and half gold--both colors I use a bit but don't need a full 72 of.

I think it is great that they listen so closely to their customers!:)

Guest Linda S

They make great thread and it comes with a wonderful warranty. They don't always listen, however. I gave up on more solid colors of King Tut (I think they finally added some, but too late for me). I continue to use some So-Fine and Bottom Line, but have since found other solid long-staple Egyptian Cotton.

Guest Linda S

Love the jokes. Hey, I don't know if it's because I'm linked into facebook and the internet now knows everything about me, but I've been noticing that when I go to Weather Underground, etc., a banner ad for Superior Thread appears above the page. Nice advertising!

Linda,

I don't use Facebook but this last two or three days I have noticed Superior Thread ads on several non quilting/sewing websites that I have visited too. I had assumed that Superior must be doing a lot of advertising. I hadn't considered that it might be due to my web surfing habits. I hope that I am not going to have to sneak around the internet, it is almost like having hide my latest fabric purchases around the house. It won't be any fun if Bob follows me everywhere!

Sue

Superior Threads will be at the Des Moines show this fall. I e-mailed asking if they would have some "show specials" and if so, I would just wait and buy my thread there where I can see, touch, drool over all the pretty colors. They wrote back and yes, they will be having specials ! Yayyyyyy! Better take a big tote bag along. :P Hoping they have more of the OMNI in the light neutral colors by then.

We have a special team of advertisers that post banners on every page you visit. :) Not really. It's a clever campaign that Google does for web-based Banner ads. Thank you for receiving our newsletter and for laughing at Bob's Joke! Linda- sorry we were late with the solid colors of King Tut. We are up to 132 colors now and don't have any plans to stop there! Thank you for using our threads.

• 4 months later...
Guest Linda S

Bob's thread classes are great. I'd been trying to get our local guild to bring him here for quite some time, but I can't seem to get through to the program chair. I have checked out the new solid colors of King Tut and am so happy to see them. King Tut is my very favorite cotton thread. I've also enjoyed using the new Omni Line -- very nice!

• 1 month later...

Lucy,

What size needle are you using and have you loosened your top tension? Perma Core is a poly-core spun poly wrapped polyester thread while King Tut is an extra-long staple Egyptian grown cotton. Two very different fibers make up these threads. They are also different weights. We recommend using a #18 or #19 needle for King Tut. If you find that the thread is still breaking, loosen your top tension. Please look at our Longarm Machine Reference Guide for tips and recommended needle sizes when using our threads. We guarantee King Tut will work in your APQS. We run all of our threads through 8 longarm machines at our facility.

http://www.superiorthreads.com/media/uploads/2011/12/08/files/Reference_Guide_-_LONGARM_Dec_11.pdf

Here is a good article on Tension:

http://www.superiorthreads.com/education/tension/thread-tug-of-war-how-tension-works

We also have many videos discussing thread delivery here:

http://www.superiorthreads.com/videos/tension-and-sewing-succes/

Please let us know if King Tut is still breaking after following the above steps.

Archived