Stitch Regulator Cutting Out

I have been having a problem with my stitch regulator for the past couple of weeks. It is working fine and then all of a sudden it will cut out and the stitches will be really far apart. I have checked everything I can think of but nothing seems to solve the problem. Can someone suggest an adjustment I might be able to make. It usually happens near the middle of the table both width and depth.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the same problem for a couple of weeks too. We have adjusted the stitch regulator wheels - that helped, but now it is acting up again. I'm wondering if vibrations are throwing it out of adjustment? I just received the new channel lock mechanism for both rails. It included new stitch regulator modules. I'll let you know how it goes.

-- CJ

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested in this one too, I installed the new channel locks several month ago but did not receive the new stitch regulator modules (encoders?) with it.

On the cutting out , make sure that you dont apply too much downward pressure on the front handles or the SR will cut out because the rear wheels will lift off the track or slide without turning. If it occurs only in the middle, you may need to level the table by tightening the bolts on the trusses.

Jurgen

• 1 year later...

I'm having trouble with my stitch regulator sewing one loose stitch every once and awhile. I've seen postings here that I should make sure the black rubber wheels are tight but one is loose and I don't know how to tighten it. Using an allen wrench and tightenong the set screws doesn't seem to do anything, can anyone help? Thanks so much!!!

Jessie

Hi Jessie

You might want to check the height of your hopping foot. If it is a tad high you could get a lose stitch here and there. I would also check the position of the tensioner check spring. I set mine at 11' oclock in it's resting position. Holler if I can help further.

Happy Holidays!

Here's a portion of a response from Connie on another question regarding the same issue:

For the black wheel adjustment, (one on machine and one on the carraige) you need to loosen the gold bolt under the brown wheel and slide the black box closer. It doesn't take much! If that doesn't work, we can tighten up your adjusting wheels just a little!

If I ever get a loose stitch that only shows up once in a while it is 99% due to not enough top tension.

On certain threads with more friction, I loosen up the top tension to get good stitches. Once I get to the point that the check spring does not move or moves very little, I get a loose stitch every once in a while.

To fix that, I tighten up my bobbin thread a little and then go back and adjust the top tension to make the check spring move while still getting a balanced stitch.

Works every time.

Jurgen

Archived