How are you coping with the heat?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Staying inside in the A/C- can't even take the kids out to play in their little pool because it's too hot to go out at all. Plus the pollen and bugs are so bad it's nasty out there. Our air quality is in the red range again today and we are under a severe heat advisory for the rest of the week.

Vicki, Love that cartoon.

Kristina, I want to trade climates with you for a month or two.

It is around 97 degrees today. I have 2 window A/C units, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. I am sweating like crazy in my sewing room where there is only a ceiling fan. It will get better by the weekend hopefully.

We may be getting thunderstorms to accompany the heat. I am glad that it doesn't do this that often and there is an end in sight.

Hang in there everyone.

Just got home from a long hot car ride. My AC in the car isn't cooling right and the temp showed 103! Thankfully the house AC is working. My studio is in the basement which usually stays pretty cool. I was going to go out and weed but I don't think I will in 103 temps. The pool temp is 88! LOL not much cooling off that is for sure.

Vicki love your picture!

I'm in Canada - my husband's in Texas. Today, I got to be the one to complain - it's hotter here (97) than there (89). I can't run both the A/C and the longarm, so it's piecework for me instead, with a long nap during the hottest part of the day.

My sincere sympathy to all the swelterers! It looks so bad all through the Midwest and Texas!

I hesitate to say we are unseasonably cool here--sorry! I will never complain again about our moderate weather. I wore a sweater to work--drizzly and 59 when I went in at 6:30 am. It's now 72--again sorry.....

Who wants to come visit? I have a sleeper sofa and a longarm for you to enjoy. Plus A/C for if the temps get up above 80.

Please, take care and stay as cool as you can.

I think it's officially 100-- my car on the way home from work says 103 . DD about 20 miles north of here has a 4 foot above ground pool 30 feet long and the water temp on Tues was 97.

Spent the last 2 evenings at GrandDD softball tourney., Mon was at 6 110 heat index and no breeze, last night was better @ 7:45 by then the sun was behind the trees and there was a breeze 101 when I arrived at the game.

Tonite staying inside--a bit of touch-up on my house and then to the very cool basement and a customer quilt. Thank God for the invention of AC!! Tomorrow it's supposed to be hotter. At least the humidity is no longer 80% like last week.

Talked to my DD in Grand Lake CO today she said they have only had a few days in the 80's and lots of storms, wished they had warmer weather so she could swim--lake is still really really cold.

I got to work at the fair today !!!! Luckily our building has AC, but just getting from the car to that building and back was horrid. Then the car was sooooo hot when I left to come home. Not very many people at the fair this week either. Can't blame them. Some animals in the barns died and they cancelled a couple events because of the heat.

Awful !

I did take my sewing machine with me and worked on sewing some HSTs for a project down the road. Helped pass the time when no one was visiting our quilt show. I left my stuff there, as I will be working Noon - 7:30 tomorrow as well.

17 days in a row of 100+ degrees here. Studio has air conditioner, ceiling fans and another fan I direct on ME! My walks start before the sun comes up. I waited until 7:30 a.m. last weekend to walk and it was too late. It's still in the 90's at bedtime lately, too. It's not pleasant.

I used a wet hankie on the back of my neck with fans blowing all over. I had to soak it several times--dries fast in the heat. Anything to allow heat exchange, evaporation, and hydration. and drink lots, eat less, and don't forget the salt.

Like Linda, we're cool here but our time is coming I'm sure. I'm not complaining, but I think I may have a problem with mold. I have to keep the kitchen window closed because my sugar, salt, and instant coffee are turning to liquid in the cool moist air. :o My leftover baked oatmeal turned soft and chewy instead of crisp and flaky. :o and my carpet is starting to buckle from the humidity. :o The floor feels sticky even when I just mopped. It sure is a different sort of summer for us.

I'm praying for moderation for all...take care...

Archived