Sign in to follow this  
quiltmonkey

Alaskan Harley Davidson Tshirt Quilt

A friend made this quilt as a fundraiser. It sold for nearly $5,000. All proceeds provided a patient, including a dialysis machine, to sail on a cruise ship for a week's paid vacation. All of the T-shirts in this quilt are Harley Davidson Alaska designs. So cool! The backing fabric was skulls (wearing do rags) and crossbones. She makes these every year for fundraisers, and I get to quilt them!

BTW, it was GY-mondo HUGE! I think it was like 125" x 90"

post--13461906617546_thumb.jpg

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

She said last year's quilt went for nearly the same amount. The people that bid on this annual event already have the $$ ready and they know they are ready to throw down the cash! :)

Some things.... money is no object. The folks at these fundraisers... it's not about how much they pay, it's about how much they raise.

:)

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

FUN FUN FUN!!!

What a great idea and cause!

Glad you were able to be part of it! You made it special!!!

Dell 2016 Millie Frannie Ann Jr. with Bliss & she is Quiltaziod and Circle Lord Equipped with lots of Quilting Toys and now has Quilt Path!

Great quilt...had to add it to my favorites for when hubby decides to give up some of his Harley shirts. Good to hear it raised so much money.

D92090BC49E8C634FED9A5815EF5ABB3.png

Serendipity: The discovery of something wonderful quite by accident while looking for something quite different.

Oh, hurray for posting!!! I must make one similar to this for my DH who drives a Harley Wide Glide. I can't tell one for another but.......he likes them. We have tons of Ts and a couple from Alaska. Did your friend sell chances on the quilt of auction it off?

Just Sew Simple Sylvia Blissett APQS Freedom '09 "Stitch" Circle Lord 2010 “"Until one has loved an animal, Part of their soul remains unawakened.”

Guest Linda S

Very cool quilt and what a wonderful thing to raise that amount of money for such a good purpose. Stuff like this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Linda

Originally posted by Sparkle

Wonderful that it raises so much money! Great quilt! I can just barely see the quilting in this picture, but I'm sure it's beautifully done! Very cool quilt!

Thanks everyone. The photo does not do it justice.

I did e2e freehand swirls (looks like waves / water) and I used a variegated King Tut with blue, green and purple in it. Turned out pretty (and was quilt to quilt, too)