Please provide feed back on some of my new pantos

ok, I don't want to sound like a snob but they are nice, simple, and generic. The top one looks like the popcorn panto that I own, and the second one has a lot of curves that the beginner user will find tedious. I'm not a new user so I prefer to invest in pantos that have the complex look and interlocking so that my customers say they can't believe it's a panto. Otherwise, I'm looking for a theme when doing kids quilts. Good luck with your endevor.

I would say that the first one needs to interlock more. Maybe off-set the 2nd row so that it snuggles into the empty space of the first one. I do think that would be a very quick and simple one. The 2nd one will definitely cause a few issues for a beginner but I think it would look pretty stitched. I'm not sure that you'd be able to keep the thin section consistent enough and that it won't look like rows. It needs a little more nesting so that it will look more like an overall design.

I agree that the first one looks very similar to popcorn. It does give off the appearance of being stitched in rows. The second one is very curvy. I wouldn't try it, but I don't do many pantos.

I would love to see a Halloween one and a Christmas one that incorporates stockings, reindeer, snowflakes, snowmen, etc (rather than having all those things be in separate pantos).

Good luck.

I just checked out your website. A great beginning! I would like to see maybe 4-6 very simple, interlocking, humble as pie, beginning designs to offer new customers at a bargain rate. Or for kids camp quilts...

Think: tents, trees, water, boat, sports, outdoor cooking, animals,

Is that a help?

Good Luck!

Boni

Guest Linda S

Yes, while pretty, they are too row-y. We all like nested pantos, so when the whole quilt is done, you can't see that it's obvious it was done in rows. Looks like you're off to a good start though. We do need more designers, so I wish you the very best.

Linda

I do ALOT of pantos for customers, actually I only do pantos for customers, would that make me an expert on this subject, who knows but I do know what I like, and what my customers like.

The first panto to me doesn't look like the popcorn panto (I even pulled out my popcorn panto to compare ;) ). I also like the first panto better than your second panto. The second one looks like a heart with a mustache, none of my customers would go for that one.

Here's a tip...most of my customers go for the swirl type designs, easy flow, not too tight, not too loose, interlocking. They go for the more generic type of pantos (pantos that go good on anything) vs the themed pantos such as holiday specific. Not to say that they don't occasionally pick a snowflake panto, or a heart themed panto but it is more like 6 to 1 in favor of the generic panto. Also the straight up/down pantos don't do well either...my customers perfer a slant to the flow of the design, not only is it easier to stitch out for the longarmer but it is more appealing stitched out because it forgives more if there is a mistake made when stitching it.

I also went to your website, great looking site, easy to navigate. One thing I would suggest is that you put the size of the single row/design on the main page instead of having to click on the image in order to see it. It might help also to break your pantos out into design size as you add more to your inventory. Longarmers have different size machines and different needs and this might help them find their size faster and make them less frustrated when they find a design they like but discover that the design is too large for their machine.

I bookmarked your website for future use and I wish you good luck in your business...oh BTW the standard $ for pantos have been $16.50 (some have gone lower, some higher) but I think your price of $12.50 is excellent in todays ecconomy :)

Yeah, what Joann said:P Your prices are great. I love pantos and like the more flowy pantos that are not really tight. Nesting is great because then it really does look all over rather than in rows. The first one reminds me of the popcorn panto. I like it. The second one I would not choose because it's not as forgiving.

I love pantos but here are some things I don't like in particular:

I like pantos that are not too tight. If they are too tight (meaning not much space between lines) it's hard to stay right on or near the line and they take FOREVER to quilt out. An example of a tight panto is "Splash" and "Whoop de Doo" == too tight!!! I like pantos that have minimum 1 inch or 3/4 inch between lines. Any tighter than that...ugh!

I also like pantos where the continued line does not run for a long area before it stops and goes a different direction. Those are harder to follow. I like shorter lines, no shorter than 1 inch and no longer than 10 inches, otherwise it's hard to stay on the line.

Pantos that have geometric shapes... I find these very hard to stay "in shape" LOL! :P when I'm quilting. I have this panto in my pile called "Widgets" and for the life of me I cannot do it. I've never used it because it's too hard to make it look like the widget it's supposed to be! :D

One of my favorite pantos is Petaluma. It's a very old design, but it's pretty, and very fast to quilt out. I only use Petaluma on larger quilt block designs as the Petaluma is large in itself. Try doing various "sizes" of panto designs that go well and fit nicely with various scale of quilt blocks.

Keep doing what you're doing; your're on the right track! :)

Archived