IQ with a Liberty

sllieske

Guest Linda S

YES! I had mine installed on the 15th and IT IS THE BOMB!! I absolutely love it. The design possibilities are nearly endless. Wait till you see what it can do. I'll be at MQX West and will be attending a mini-conference in IQ -- a series of classes that help you learn to use it to its fullest and you get a bargain if you enroll in so many classes. I just sit and watch my machine stitch for me now. I did have to learn how to set up pantos, blocks, etc., but it is so cool. And, when you want to freehand, all you do is touch manual mode on the screen and in about two seconds, the IQ motors disengage and the machine is all yours. The really cool first feature you'll notice is that IQ will give you electronic channel locks right off the bat. No more going around to the back or crawling underneath to tighten the manual lock or put a clamp on the rails. I really can't say enough about it. It is the coolest thing in the world.

Thanks for the feedback Linda, sounds great! I am going through the class catalog now and was going to sign up for some of the IQ sessions just to see what it can do. What about wheels -- do the Edgerider wheels come with this...I was looking at the new wheels APQS has and was going to order those but maybe I don't need too. Would love to talk with you more in Portland. I never did master freehand quilting as I don't have tons of time. Mostly I use pantographs today because they are fast so the IQ sounds fantastic to get beyond using pantographs.

Guest Linda S

Hi Sandy - if you want to get edgeriders, they will be extra. You will need new wheels to make the IQ run more smoothly, and it will be up to you whether you want the edgeriders or the M&M wheels. If you want edgeriders, your IQ dealer will install them for you. If you want the M&Ms, you will either have to install them yourself or have your dealer come and do it. I have M&M wheels on my machine and I prefer them to the edgeriders, but either will work great. The IQ is fantastic at pantos. I cannot believe how fast it stitches -- it's much faster than I am. I get quilts done in record time now.

I was told my IQ will be installed by the end of August or early Sept. In the meantime I will be patient.

My Milli was Blissed in May, so I already have M&M wheels, I tell you it's awesome combination. I suppose it will be more than awesome, based from Linda's & other IQ owners' experience.

Linda S, I know you are having fun with yours.

I did get a chance to play with Linda Card's IQ when I visited San Diego in March.

Hoping to see ya all APQS friends in Portland in October.

Corey

Guest Linda S

Yes, you can dream. I dreamed for about five years, and now it's a reality. I absolutely love the IQ, but i have to admit it's giving me a bit of an inferiority complex! I think I'm pretty good, but man, this thing is PERFECT! I'm astounded. I've sunk nearly all my retirement savings (save the pension) into this machine, so I hope it helps me build my business. I don't think it will work well in the cardboard box under the bridge! ;)

• 1 month later...

I did mine on an Ultimate 1. It was pretty easy. Linda Lawson at blueribbonquiltco.com was the dealer I used. She has customers around the world doing their own installs. Linda uses Skype with many of her customers to help on the install and training. It's a good time to do this as the dollar exchange in quite favourable these days.

Nigel & Brenda Wells

Green Millie

U1 with IQ

Archived