IQ needle not stopping

Sheila Poore

I am just getting started with IQ. I'm trying to do a panto and have chosen the stop at end of row to cut and tie off transition. but..... The machine stops but the needle keeps going and then the bobbin thread breaks, etc etc etc. I have read the books over and over...watched the videos....but can't seem to figure out what I'm missing.

Anyone out there had this problem? Angela on vacation so thought I'd try this forum... Thanks "..... Sheila

Sheila, I'm not an IQ user, in fact I've never even seen it in actual action, but could this be a problem with the Needle Up/Down setting on your machine? Does it happen when IQ is not engaged? Just trying to think outside the box here....

Good luck!

Sheila

Does your machine not shut off at all with the IQ? I have an Ultimate 1 with the IQ and I had to set one of preferences to tell the motor to stop about a quarter inch before the IQ finishes because the U1 makes about 4 or 5 more stitches as it coasts to a stop. Go to the Intelliquilter.com site and contact support there and also try the forum http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IntelliQuilter/.

Nigel

Just started doing pantos on our IQ. I found o got so nervous couldn't keep every step in my head. I watched Helen B's video on basic pantos at intelliquiltertraining.com for part 1 and then part 2 & 3 on you tube. I kept pausing and wrote down the steps. I also found it helpful to write out the directions for using Clip/Mark to make IQ stop closer to the quilt on the right side.

I saved the quilt I designed and was glad I did because I kept messing up & couldn't get back to where I wanted. Last night I realized it would be helpful to write a note with how many rows are in the quilt & which I've done so if I need to start over I'll know which row of the design to start on. Are you aware of the IQ yahoo forum?

everyone, that's right Nigel, it does not shut off at all, it stops moving but the needle continues to go up and down forever until I stop it.

Cheryl, I have watched those videos, I did not use clip mark for this panto, maybe I'm missing something there, I'll go back and check that.

Linda and Cheryl I have been to those forums a few times in the past, I'll revisit them.

I love the format of this forum so much and as you know there is only so many hours in a day. I,ve had my long arm only a year and now the IQ. There is a lot to learn as I am also a new quilted.

Thanks for all your input!!!!

Sheila, sounds like you and I are about in the same place on our quilting journey. This is also my favorite site. Usually there is not so much personal interaction on the IQ forum. You can check it daily with it set to group the posts by topic. Then I just check the topics to see if there is something that I might need to know about. It's helped me understand a lot more re IQ. They'll also answer questions quickly. Don't spend a lot of time there but I check it every day or every other day.

One thought, which version of IQ are you using? I read that you may need to recalibrate after the newest update. I haven't updated mine yet.

Sheila, make sure your machine always starts with the needle up. Which APQS machine do you have? Zoltan stated that if the needle is down the machine may continue sewing. Have you installed the latest update? I like this forum better also. We're getting a lot of IQer's on here so hopefully we can resolve problems here.

Hi Shiela - I have a 2007 Millie with IQ - I have had to adjust the needle up/down sensor a couple times. The APQS manual has a section on this adjustment - you have to find the "sweet" spot that is just right for your machine - it will stop when it is suppose to and yet will sew at the best speed as well - not sure if I said that right. If the screw is adjusted too much one way - it will slow the speed down so it will have trouble going through a lot of layers (at seam intersections) - too fast and it will take more stitches after it is suppose to stop!!!

I am sure Barb can make more sense of this statment - I just know that I have had this same thing happen. I have had my IQ since last September - wow that is almost a year.

Many great classes at MQX in October. Angela has been a great help answering phone calls from me and

I see now that Jessica Schlick of Digitech is answering questions on the IQ forum - she has been a great help with many questions I have had along the way.

Hope this helps a little.

Joan

Archived