Good News- Bad News

I have had such a wild ride this month! We opened the shop on July 1st and are having so much fun and receiving such wonderful support from our customers and the community!

Emily went on maternity leave the middle of the month which has been a challenge at the shop but a small price to pay for a new grandson! While staying with Catherine( our 2 yr old granddaughter) and trying to be very quiet so as not to wake her up I tripped down 3 little steps and broke my ankle! She didn't wake up then but did wake up with a fever. A trip to the pediatrician confirmed strep throat. So no seeing Mommy and baby Andrew that day. We were all disappointed that the "plan" had to be changed. But all turned out well, Catherine is fine now and Andrew is absolutely perfect! I did finally buy a saddle stool that I had coveted for years and love it. I can quilt with out putting much weight on my booted foot. I must say that the boot is quite a fashion accessory. lol If anyone has tips to save time and energy while dragging a boot around, please let me know!:)

Grandma x 2!!!!

So glad to hear about your new grandson! Hope your ankle heals fast. I've never done that, but have been around folks who had to nurse one back to health. I'll hopefully be in your shop this weekend. Do you stock Rainbows or Lava? The King Tut and I just don't get along! I also want to check out your ruler wall a little further. See ya soon!

So sorry to hear about your broken ankle. I feel your pain. Three years ago I was saying bye to my niece and walking down 2 stairs with my new bifocals on, took a small tumble and broke my ankle in three places. Hope your boot is the "air cast" boot - they sure beat the old white casts! Nice to take them off at night. Remember to take time away from your quilting to ice your foot and elevate it.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Donna

I feel your pain Lynn, I broke my ankle last summer.

I didn't quilt last summer but I do know that it is really important that you keep that ankle elevated as often as possible to promote healing and bone growth.

You must be wonder woman,, I couldn't drag a boot around for very long, it was exhausting,, take good care of your self!

You're lucky if you can put weight on it. When I broke my ankle, I had to stay off of it so borrowed a wheel chair so I could move around. Stuck my DSM on the coffee table, next to my ankle, and pieced a king size quilt. The coffee table still has battle scars from the cast so I am less than concerned when my grandson runs his toy tractor across the top :D

Archived