Baltimore Christmas-Best of Show!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boni,

I took a picture but it doesn't show up at all...but I ended up doing a little 2" border into the green with double line stitching and repeated the ribbon stitching that I did in the yellow border and then just did piano keys out to the edges...you can see the texture in the right light but I used a matching thread as to no distract from the middle and it is almost invisible. The customer is going to use the same yellow as in the inner border cut on bias to do the binding which will look nice...

Yes, Debbie, I did SID the striped border and then ribboned it...I was afraid that some of it would stick up and look distorted since I didn't quilt the middle heavily up to the border all over...it kept the border straight and I used monopoly (it's very forgiving!)

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised to see this thread back up = thanks again everyone for your compliments!

Robin - yes I usually use a thread that will blend to just give the applique some texture and not take away from it...just to keep it from poofing out when the quilt is hung up...as she plans to enter it into some big shows...:o

Archived