We Did It! Happy Dance

We did it! :P:P:P:P:P

We placed our order for a new 2011 Millennium with quilt glide, fabric advance and a 12 foot table. I decided not to get the larger bobbin at this time because for me the stitch quality is the most important feature and one of the most important reasons I select purchasing an APQS machine. I will always have the option to upgrade at a later date if I choose to. I want to see what the forum viewers think of it first. I have been following this forum for a couple of months and really trust your opinions. I am excited about getting the new hopping foot with two of the new feet (open toe and trapento foot when available).

We will be on vacation the three weeks in vacation so we will not be taking delivery of my new machine or IQ until we return. My husband is finishing up the walls and replacing the floors in my quilting room this month. I can hardly wait!

Now… all I need is a special name for her. Any suggestions?

Hi Debi,

Welcome to the Forum! It's a great bunch of ladies with loads of inspiration and support, as I'm sure you've already seen.

My Millie is called "Indy". It's short for "Independence" and I've been told I drive her like I should be in the Indy 500! LOL :D I think it's a bit like naming puppies. You just have to be with them for a bit and they tell you their name.

Happy quilting!

Cheers,

Elita

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. At the moment September seems so far away. But we have alot of prep work to do and I have a lot of tops that are waiting to be quilted :). It is nice to know that there are people nearby incase I run into trouble.

It is nice to know that there are people nearby incase I run into trouble. What are some of your machines, if they have one? My very first one was called Sybil because of multiple personalities and believe me when I tell you the name fit her. She is now a lawn ornament! She was all I could afford at the time then I upgraded to the HQ16. Now finally, I will have my dream machine ornament

Congrat's and enjoy your vacation. Just don't rush buying alot before you get the feel for her. As far as names I named my Millie at first and we had a bit of an adjust time and once she agreed to play nicely I think I'm going to rename her something more suitable. I love my Circle Lord boards the more you have the more you want. Make sure you get an extended base for doing ruler work down the road. Other than that everytime you are on the forum someone shows a beautiful quilt and what they used to do it and you will want the item too.LOL

Have fun Nan

Debi,

Congratulations! Get the Bliss now because you'll be saving a lot of money. I don't have it but I haven't heard anything bad about it. I would have to pay $3000 to get it, and it's about $1500 if you order with your machine. I just bought the M&M wheels and the machine is so much easier to move. With Bliss you'll be in heaven!

Archived