Sign in to follow this  
ffq-lar

What do you think when I say "wedding ring quilt"?

Of course, you think Double wedding Ring. Ha!

One of my favorite customers always wants something hidden in the quilting.

I have done names and dates, a hot dog in a bun, nicknames, a butterfly--you get the drift. This quilt is a wedding present for her daughter--married over a year ago, but you know how that goes! It will finish as a duvet cover.

The joke in this family is that her daughter is petite--I mean 5 foot/95 pounds petite--very sweet and tiny. But her sweetie got her a rock of an engagement ring--over two carats of solitaire on this tiny hand. Sue wanted that honking solitaire quilted in the quilt somewhere. Here it is!

post--13461906715006_thumb.jpg

Linda Rech

Finely Finished Quilts

Millennium on Bliss rails--hand-guided

http://www.topperquilttools.com

Here is a wide shot.

We used very thin poly batting since it will be a cover for a duvet. The quilting showed nicely. The names of the couple and the date of the wedding are also hidden among the swirls. Thanks for looking!

post--13461906715203_thumb.jpg

Linda Rech

Finely Finished Quilts

Millennium on Bliss rails--hand-guided

http://www.topperquilttools.com

Yep you are talented!!!! But are you sure that is only 2 carats???? LOl You are so clever!

Dell 2016 Millie Frannie Ann Jr. with Bliss & she is Quiltaziod and Circle Lord Equipped with lots of Quilting Toys and now has Quilt Path!

I agree, very clever! I have hidden names and bugs on a quilt but never a ring! She will love looking for it! You always do such great things!!!!!

Just Sew Simple Sylvia Blissett APQS Freedom '09 "Stitch" Circle Lord 2010 “"Until one has loved an animal, Part of their soul remains unawakened.”

Oh my gosh, took me five minutes to find it!!! must be getting older!!!! great job Linda, your quilting is always so great, nice, and always just right!!!:)

9f797ea378c8e18b1c167f2369cc32f2.png

APQS Sales France

Blissed Millie

Quiltazoid equipped

h ttp://suzanspatchworkgarden.blogspot.com/

This is so cool, I love the hidden messages, and the quilt is just lovely, do you mind me asking what pattern it is?

6CE1B7A7F42F008E71DFC4B5D4645266.png

2016 Blissed Millie!
"You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give".
Kahlil Gibran