I found my cutting mat

Busy Quilting

I have just spent the morning finding my cutting mat.

It was buried under threads, design ideas fabrics, rulers etc so I tidied it all up , put things away in folders cupboards etc.

How long will it last. Until I put another quilt on the machine. But I do now have a designated place for the threads that I am thinking will work on a quilt and IT IS NOT on my cutting mat.

Lyn

post--13461906719846_thumb.jpg

I thought I was the only one who created a humongous mess every time I quilt a quilt! I have no idea how it happens, suddenly my studio looks like a bomb just went off, I tidy it up and start again with a promise to myself of making sure I put every item back in it's place right after I use it, seems like my brain goes somewhere else when I quilt because I have the same result every time! Somtimes I don't even remember getting a tool out to use it. DH stays clear now as he can't understand the chaos and wonders how I can function in it, truly I can't either! It's even worse if I have a piecing project or two ongoing at the same time! My cutting matte will never suffer from prolonged exposure:P:P

Originally posted by sewhappy

I had DH make a HUGE cutting table for me & I could use the side of the table to "stack" my projects on.... I need DH to make me another bigger cutting table....

I know what you mean mine is 4 foot x 8 foot and right now only about a 2 foot square is showing. Where or where is Tracey when I need her. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Bonnie

I had DH make a HUGE cutting table for me & I could use the side of the table to "stack" my projects on.... I need DH to make me another bigger cutting table....

I know what you mean mine is 4 foot x 8 foot and right now only about a 2 foot square is showing. Where or where is Tracey when I need her. ;)

I am here Bonnie.... coming out of lurk dome every now and again......would love to come over and visit for a few days.......maybe next year when I sort of retire.....

Originally posted by Tracy G

Originally posted by Bonnie

I am here Bonnie.... coming out of lurk dome every now and again......would love to come over and visit for a few days.......maybe next year when I sort of retire.....

Oh I would love to have you come. And not to actually reclean my studio I promise it will be spotless before you come just let me know if you can make it.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol, I'm with all of you as well but not only do I have to find my cutting mat...I have to find my machine as well!;)

It's been hedged in by an array of toys that my little one has outgrown over the last couple of years! Guess that's what happens when your 'studio' is in an unfinished basement. Time for a visit to the Sally Ann I think. I wanna start quilting!

BTW, newbie question... how do you get quotes in your replies? Thanks!

Archived