Guilds Raffle Quilt - I WON IT!

This is a quilt I just got done. It is going to be raffled by our guild. The top was donated and one of the other members of the guild fixed a few patches and added an outside border. I decided that I'd make it a 2 for 1 by using white cotton sateen on the back...you all know how much I love wholecloth quilts! It is 70 x 70. It was a lot of work but so worth it. The feathered wreaths on the pieced blocks were done freehand. I used Deloa's little One for all the SID and the cross hatching. I free handed the cc's and used a stencil for the large feather wreath. I used metro thread on top and magnaclassic bobbins in the bobbin.

post--13461906722276_thumb.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by rlhdesigns

Your hit it out of the box again........ Love , love, love, the back. It sure was worth it!!!!:) Beautiful! I need to get out my blue and white fabric and get one mad up. This goes into my favs....

Heidi...... what size are those blocks???

Thanks Rebecca. I think the blocks wer 12" blocks.

Originally posted by kathyd

Heidi,

You did a wonderful job. I love your quilting.

Although I love the blue and white I really love the back of the quilt where we can see all of your hard work.

Can I buy a ticket to this raffle quilt?;);););)

KathyD

Kathy I'd be glad to sell you a raffle ticket. Hopefully we'll have them printed soon. They will be $1 per ticket.

Heidi, There it is.... WOW! Absolutely stunning!!!! You should also sell raffle tickets here on the forum...... You hit a home run with this one!

I am on my way out to buy some varigated thread to start on our guild's raffle quilt...it must be that time of year!

Heidi:

BOTH sides of this quilt are beautiful. When the raffle tickets are printed, will you please send me an email or U2U? I usually just buy raffle tickets to support a Guild but this is a quilt I'd love to bring home to Arizona! Nancy in Tucson

Originally posted by lindasewsit

Wow, Heidi!! Another EXCELLENT job!!! I just love , love, LOVE your quilting!! You make everything you touch just sing!!!

LOL thanks Linda! You guys always make me feel so good. I pick my stuff apart! So Linda I might make quilts sing but I sure don't make MIL sing!!! hahahaha

Archived