Guilds Raffle Quilt - I WON IT!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Shar Schmutz

Heidi, I'm just totally Kermit green with envy, total quilting talent and becoming a grandmother to boot! Hope those eyes clear up in time so your first view of her isn't fuzzy! Also can't wait to se your next masterpiece!

LOL Shar I so can't wait! My close-up vision is very clear so I'll be able to see every dimple! Can't wait for my nana snuggles. It will be hard to leave NC. I'll try to get pics posted of the one I have on the frame now. I'm actually excited to get it off the frame! it's a monster 108 x 118!

hope that baby comes soon, Heidi, I cant remember is your grand due in August or September. Mine is September 22nd. We had the baby shower last wkend and now just waiting for the baby 6 weeks about left to wait wooo hooo We will be new Grammas together and both of them in NC to boot!!

Jeanne,

She is due Aug. 29th but the doctor doesn't think she'll wait that long. She has another appointment tomorrow. The doctor wasn't confident that he'd see her tomorrow in the office so really any day I guess. I'm praying for her to give me until Sunday! LOL I want to finish this last customer quilt, get MIL's stuff in order, deliver the cat to MIL and get work in order so I can go snuggle with my granddaughter! LOL Not asking too much am I?

Heidi!

It's just gorgeous!

Our Raffle quilt made more $$ than it ever has... I think that's because of the simple/classic/classy design. I just read an article in (McCall's Quilting?) that talked about exactly that.

"Imagine the people who might win and what they would want on their bed..." It's usually a traditional pattern in 2 colors. I'm just sayin'! Just the fact that we did so much better says a lot! The other thing we did was to market it properly... we took it to meetings, to grocery stores, shows, etc. We really "sold" lots of tickets! And at our show, we had girls who weren't afraid to ask every person if they would like a ticket.... You have to be committed! It helps to have a beautiful quilt like yours!

luv -b

Originally posted by Bobbi47

Heidi!

It's just gorgeous!

Our Raffle quilt made more $$ than it ever has... I think that's because of the simple/classic/classy design. I just read an article in (McCall's Quilting?) that talked about exactly that.

"Imagine the people who might win and what they would want on their bed..." It's usually a traditional pattern in 2 colors. I'm just sayin'! Just the fact that we did so much better says a lot! The other thing we did was to market it properly... we took it to meetings, to grocery stores, shows, etc. We really "sold" lots of tickets! And at our show, we had girls who weren't afraid to ask every person if they would like a ticket.... You have to be committed! It helps to have a beautiful quilt like yours!

luv -b

Bobbi your quilt was absolutely gorgeous that is why it brought in those big bucks!!!!! I know you also worked on selling tickets for a long, long, long time. I just couldn't commit to that process with everything else going on in my life so I just donated the quilting time. I really do hope it makes good money and that my other guild mates get out and sell tickets. Time will tell. I'll let you all know when I have tickets and I'll be happy to send them to you. Thanks for all the support!

• 2 months later...

Archived