Guilds Raffle Quilt - I WON IT!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heidi How does your guild advertise these raffle quilts? Some things our guild does is get color pictures made on 11 by 14 with low gloss, ( easier to read) And ask fabrioc shops, grocery stores and even ranch and feed supply shop. It really does add a lot more $$$$ coming in. Our guild goes to the fabric shops and ask if they would want to hang our quilt for a week or two, depending on how many entrants we have.

Then we also have secret makers and they are asked to feature them the same way.

Originally posted by RitaR

Heidi How does your guild advertise these raffle quilts? Some things our guild does is get color pictures made on 11 by 14 with low gloss, ( easier to read) And ask fabrioc shops, grocery stores and even ranch and feed supply shop. It really does add a lot more $$$$ coming in. Our guild goes to the fabric shops and ask if they would want to hang our quilt for a week or two, depending on how many entrants we have.

Then we also have secret makers and they are asked to feature them the same way.

Rita we've done raffle quilts this way and in fact raised over $4000 on the paper pieced star quilt we did 2 years ago. There were two wonderful guild members that put their heart and soul into marketing it, getting it around to different shops, selling tickets for months. Unfortunately this time we're getting a rather late start. The show is in Oct. and our first meeting isn't until Sept. Hopefully we'll have tickets for our meeting and hopefully our guild mates will do their part and sell or buy at least $10 worth of tickets by the next meeting. We have over 200 members but usually only have about 130 at a meeting. I wish I had time to go take it to different shops and organize that but with the baby coming, work and my business I have very little spare time. I only got this quilt done tis early because one of my customers wasn't ready and I decided to throw it on. I'll do my part to sell as many tickets as I can. The funds go to our charity effort and having guest speakers. We only do this every two years so I really hope that it is successful even though we're so late. I'll let you all know when I have tickets and how you can buy some. We really appreciate the support!

Originally posted by Shar Schmutz

Heidi, I just knew this was coming, I just didn't know what it would be. When you get get quiet on the forum a spectacular quilt is in the works! ;). The quilting for me is to die for, going in my favorites too! Beautiful, it will make tons of money for your guild!

Shar you crack me up! LOL I have actually been quiet because I had Lasik Eye surgery 2 weeks ago and for about a week or so it was a little tough to see the computer well. They are clearing up although by night they are pretty fuzzy. This is supposed to last for about 8 weeks before they are clear 24/7. Mornings are the best and they are crystal clear. I'm also on a mad rush to get done a full custom customer quilt. I have to have it done this week as I don't think my granddaughter is going to wait much longer to come meet us! So excited it is hard to concentrate. I'm glad you like the quilt.

Archived