Zipper Leaders - help!

So I've been merrily quilting along since I got my machine in June, and discovering just how much I loathe pinning. So after a ton of research, I got ahold of the dealer and bought zipper leaders - the quick zip system.

They look great, except one thing: Two sets of the zippers are stamped the same. I have Zipper 1 and zipper 3, and then 2 sets of "Backing fabric: Bottom Left side" and "Backing fabric: Top Left Side." Oops. The dealer isn't available until next week, and apparently the Quilting Connection is at a show this week. Gah!

Logically, I know that the zippers are the exact same, so all I need to do is re-label them and mark a centre line, I'm just not sure *how* to do so. Does anyone happen to have a photo of them all zipped together, pre-installation? so I can try to suss it out? Or am I better off just waiting until I can get ahold of someone to do an exchange?

I *think* (though I'm not 100% sure, obviously) that the "bottom" one (based on the orientation of the size number on the left hand size) is the one that zips to the leader, so that all the parts zip on left to right?

I'm not at my machine but maybe I can help verbally. The zippers do zip from left to right. The backing bottom left that attaches to the fabric should have the zipper-er connected to it (the part you zip with). The backing top left zipper slides into the zipper-er that is connected to the leader fabric. Then there should be a zipper that connects to the quilt take up leader and should resemble the bottom left backing zipper. It sounds like you have an extra zipper in there unless you bought the set that allows you to turn your quilt over and quilt from the back, if so there are special directions but only for the zippers that attach to the quilt top.

Hope this makes sense.

Donna

Thanks, donna - knowing that they all zip from left to right, I *think* I've got it.

From what I can figure, the two that I'm "missing" are #2, which is the one that I put onto the quilt top roller, and I'm not sure of the marking for the other one, but I would baste it onto the quilt top fabric.

• 2 months later...

I feel for you. I felt like a dummy when I put my zippers on my 2 machines . I felt like Ok the square peg goes in the round hole the whole time.

I DID finally get them on after quite the struggle, but now that they are on they are so worth it!

Good luck!!!

Archived