Frixion Highlighters

After the discussion about the the highlighters vs. the pens, I bought some highlighters, tried the marks on the back of a quilt, sure enough came right out, marked the front, did not like the placement of my spines, out comes the iron to get rid of said spines, WAIT! lines NOT disappearing, can't erase them with the eraser, tried all my other little tricks to get rid of marks, Nope, Nada, lines still there. Moral of story, put a mark on front of quilt somewhere in the edge and see if it will come out BEFORE you mark the front.:(

I've just tested both the pens and the highlighters on light and dark fabrics. The highlighters left a faint shadow on the light fabric and it is easy to tell the color. The marks from the pens were removed. On the dark fabrics after steaming there were light marks where the pens and highlighters were used. I used a EuroPro steam iron on the fabrics to remove the markings. I then placed the fabric in the freezer and before I got the freezer door closed the color came back. Yes, I know, most people don't store their quilts in the freezer. :D

I saw the pens were available at the LQS. I might use the pens on donation quilts but not on my own quilts.

I tried the yellow highlighter on a dark fabric.....the heat took the yellow out, but left a light shadow of the line where it was. I put them back in the drawer and will only use where they won't show.............marking HSTs, etc.

I'm surprised these are showing up at quilt shops and shows to be used for marking quilts. YIKES !

Highlighter came out for me when the quilt Sample was washed. Warm water and soap. When put in The freezer lines of pen came back but highlighter lines were gone. Haven't used them on a large quilt but plan to do a sample whole cloth soon.

Archived