how to wind a bobbin

how to wind a bobbin

I bought a used Lenni about a month ago and just started practicing on it. I received the manual on CD but I did not receive the basic training CD.

So.....my problem is that I do not know how to wind a new bobbin. I have tried to use the sidewinder - that is a useless gadget.

Can anyone please explain how to wind a bobbin - I'm desperate?!?!?!

Thanks so much,

Beth

Do you have a domestic sewing machine that your bobbin will fit on or one that also uses L sized bobbins. I can wind bobbins on my older Singer machines or my more modern Janome's. Hope this helps. If all else fails you can buy a winder from APQS or buy prewound bobbins from several places.

Thanks Cheri - I know I will enjoy Lenni once I learn more about him.

Hi Bonnie, I do have a Janome 6600 and tried to put the metal bobbins on him to wind and it did not work. The prewounds that I have bought for my Jamone are Class 15 so they won't work.

Thanks for your suggestions - I appreciate all the quick responses.

Beth

Please take the time to find another option other than the sidewinder so you can move on and enjoy your Lenni. There have been many posts on the subject. Until I got a real bobbin winder, I used to let the thread flow through my fingers so the bobbin would wind tight enough. Options abound - K Kraft, Gammill ($89) (what I ended up buying), the APQS option, your home machine (not husqvarna). Ditch the sidewinder as soon as you can so you don't miss out on the fun of using the Lenni.

I have an on board winder on my Millie so don't know the specifics on the side winder. If no one chimes in give tech support a call and they can assist you in running it.

I've seen it work and used it at a froends and it worked fine. I had trouble with it at first until Colleen showed me how it worked, then it was simple. It was almost a year ago so I don't remember exactly.

Archived