Pushing my buttons

Beachside Quilter

I love the look of crosshatch but sometimes have trouble getting it to line up perfectly across the entire quilt. Problem solved (for me); Michael talked me into the Pushbutton system for the giant crosshatch boards. Just tried it for the first time on a small quilt. Oh my, it works beautifully! So glad I listened; thanks Michael!

post--13461906732097_thumb.jpg

Great CH'ing!!!!!

I really thinking about that push button!!!! And the CH Boards too! I think I'm hooked on the Circle Lord boards!!!! I wishing Ft Mayers and Fernandina were alot closer to each other!!!!!!!

BTW wonderful job on your customers's quilt and glad that she was very happy with your creative magic!!!!!

Charlene:

Here is the whole quilt; very hard to see as she wouldn't let me use a thread that "showed". The batting is bamboo so the quilt is very soft and cuddly. I did curved CH in the large blocks, and terry twists in the four-patches. As she wanted Crosshatch on the entire border I used my new Giant Crosshatch boards; easy peasy!

post--1346190673276_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by cblevins

Vickie I love the fabric. Is it a customer quilt? What is a push button system?

Cheri:

This is a customer quilt. The Pushbutton system connects to your rear stylus and "lifts" the stylus pin so you can move to the next groove in your giant boards. The pushbutton wire runs along the top of your machine and affixes to the handles. I installed mine on my left handle. These boards are set up to do all one direction and then go back and do the other diagonal. You can "drag" your threads as you go, or like I did SID in the inner border and go back out to the edge. It works so easy and I love that ALL the diagonals are lined up; no wobbles and no "operator" error on my part :P:P

I have the CL push button system too. I've just finished using it with the Zigzag boards - doing the 'double wave' pattern. It really speeded things along - and so easy!

The push button also works really well with the clamshells. I have the both the large and small clamshell boards and the small clamshell boards makes a great background filler. I use the push button in the same way I would use it for crosshatch.

I think any of the Circle Lord boards that don't have intersections would lend themselves very nicely to being used with the push button 'thingy'.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Forum friends,

I have just orderd the 48" longarm crosshatch boards and PB. Vickie sent me great advice and now i think "I get it" I have a beautiful embroidered wholecloth quilt that is perfect for the crosshatching; I am also going to make some feathered wreaths and feathers along the edges with the crosshatch in between.Can't wait for the box to arrive. Thanks for your help on the forum, I have learned so much to help me get going and keep going.

Karen, I had the CL system before IQ. Forget the 30 day trial offer on the Swirlz boards. Once you use it, you will NEVER send it back. It was the best money maker I had!!! I kep the lift system and the cross hatch boards (48") I know what I am doing w/the CL and haven't taken the time to learn xhatching w/the IQ. I completely trust my ability to stop and start in the right spot with CL but not IQ. Any shifting while quilting throws off the ecact stop and start w/my IQ.

Archived