Fabric bouncing.....?????

I got a new Lenni this week, and I am a little surprised at the learning curve from my Ultimate II.

But here is the immediate question. I have only quilted a 36 x 36 table topper so far.....but there is a LOT of bounce on the quilt sandwich. I tightened up the brakes, after the installer left, that helped some, but it still is bouncing.

This morning I noticed that there appears to be a much bigger space between the bottom of the foot and the plate. As example I can easily slide 15 business cards in the space without any drag.

Could this be part of why the sandwich is bouncing?

Thanks for any help.

Deb

The Lenni has a hooping foot I believe the foot on the Ultimate 2 did not hop. Rotate your hand wheel till the hopping foot is at it's lowest position and you should be able to get one business card between the foot and the needle plate. If you have too much space between the throat and the leveler bar (should be able to slide your finger to the first knuckle in between) your sandwich will bounce. Maybe someone like Bonnie who had a U2 previously can tell you if the sandwich bounces more with the hopping foot.

Nigel

Well if I don't just feel silly!

Nigel when I lowered the hopping foot to the lowest position ( seriously don't know why I didn't think of that) I can slide 4 business cards under the foot with no resistance.

I'll check on the spacing tomorrow after I load a quilt on. I hadn't checked that because I thought it was probably stationary.

Going to read my manual tonight! LOL

You should only be able to get 1 business card between the foot and needle plate when no quilt is on. You may need to raise the foot if quilting on thicker fabrics such as minkee or courdoroy. When you have your quilt loaded you should be able to slide your hand between the leveler bar and the throat plate only to your first knuckles.

Enjoy your new machine:)

Deb,

Be sure to lower the foot only when you have rotated the fly wheel until the needle is in the lowest position. Otherwise you could damage your quilt or hopping foot. if you purchased the machine directly from us it should have been preset for you. Check the manual that came with Lenni (it is on a computer CD and includes assemblyinstructons but an additional 150 pages more on using and maintaining the machine) and look in the appendixes for info on adjusting the hopping foot. You should only be able to slide a single business card under the foot when the needle is in the lowest position.

The fabric can also bounce if the pick up roller is too high. if your Ultimate II table only has three rollers, be sure to lower the back pick up bar until you can only slide your hand between the machine's throat and the roller up to your first knuckle.

Let us know how we can help!

Archived