Vintage-repro meander

Have I ever shared how much I hate a puzzle meander? No, I love the look of it. I use it a lot on appropriate quilts, like behind traditional sample blocks and with 30's repro quilts.

But, even though I am happy with the outcome, I dread the execution. I find I need to be careful of keeping the size consistent and remind myself constantly to slow down or I get dead-ended. I get tense, my shoulders and back hurt--whine whine whine! It's my burden to bear!:P

So I will share Linda's "Vintage-repro Meander".

I can "speed-demon" this one, it is forgiving, looks great on kid's quilts as well as vintage ones, and my eye and back are happy with the outcome.

The photo has been color-altered to show the stitching--it is on an unbleached muslin backer, thus the spots and dots.

Thanks for always listening to my rambles!

post--13461906732562_thumb.jpg

What a fun meander, Linda. It reminds me of cocks comb. Like you,

I also have trouble "not crossing" the lines. I really have to focus.

I believe that stipple, in all its sizes, is a wonderful background filler.

It just lays in the back, anchoring and doesn't try to steal the show.

I will have to try your 3-bump meander, though. Thanks for the tip, Linda.

Thanks Linda, I'm going to use that on my 30's quilt. Yes it is my quilt. I decided it's going on my machine this week. No customer quilt will go on till this gets done. Once I get the table covers for my vendor booth at our quilt show done it's going on. Took a couple vacation days to get caught up.

Archived