Moxie's (everyone is a Moxie) MQX-West DinnerUPDATE ON BOTTOM!!!

We've talked briefly about getting together for dinner on Thursday, Oct. 13 for dinner.

I don't know of a lot of places that could accommodate us right around the Conv. Center but I have done a little looking on the internet for some. Here are a couple of options that I could call to see if they have room for us:

Red Robin (about 4 blocks)

Roses (would require a bit of a hike from nearest Max station at Lloyd Center)

Spaghetti Factory (not on Max line, would require cars. I can take 4 passengers in mine)

Gustavs (also requires cars)

Stanich's (Tavern with outstanding Hamburgers. Would have to drive. We could get a separare room there.)

There are also many, many downtown locations. They would be on Max or walkable from Max. They would be more spendy and not sure they would have room.

What do you think?

I also need a rough head count when I am calling these places.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Linda S

If we're going to go by car, I'd suggest the Claim Jumper down in Tualatin (about 20 min drive). Otherwise, I'm good with whatever anyone else wants to go to. I imagine there have to be great places nearby.

Guest Linda S

Oh - I forgot to say that I'll have my car, and have a roommate who is an APQS gal (Ellen!) so I can take three more people if we decide on a place that needs a drive. I have another roommate too, but she's an A1 gal, so we won't let her come with us! ;) JK - I think she'll probably have other plans, but is more than welcome if she'd like to come.

A Portland institution is Jakes. You can get a separate room but you have to spend a minimum of $250 for the group. It is downtown and right off MAX which is in the free zone for light rail. It goes directly from the convention center to two blocks away. After, Powells books is two blocks away Another Portland institution. That way if you stayed at the airport and took max in you could get straight back to your hotel/airport.

Just another option

Melora

Guest Linda S

Jakes would be great! I've been there before and loved it. I'm sure with the number of folks we'll have, we would easily spend $250 (not including cocktails!!;) )

OK, I've got 14 so far I think. I'll call Jake's tomorrow and book the room for 20 to start with and see where we go from there. I am thinking 7:00PM does that work for most. I am sure we will be there for awhile so those done late can still make it.

Speak now if this doesn't work.

Archived