Moxie's (everyone is a Moxie) MQX-West DinnerUPDATE ON BOTTOM!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Carol,

Many will have cars at the show and I have room in mine for a couple of riders to the dinner. As time gets closer, we can organize better and do pick-ups at the hotels or at the Convention Center. I am staying out by the airport.

Lynda--Thanks for your great organizational skills!

The train to catch from the convention center is the one to downtown (westbound), the stop is Galleria on 10th..........but wait!! I think there may be a plan in place to get you picked up and to the Jake's. I'll bet a little birdie will be chiming in soon.

What little town are you in? I'll bet mine is littler but I did spend a few years in Portland.

Anyway, no fear, we will get everyone who needs to get there, there one way or the other.

I still haven't received confirmation from Jake's. I hate waiting for them to respond. I will probably call tomorrow if no email tonight.

:(:(:( - - - I'm going to miss this, but will be with Barb M setting up in Spokane for their show.:) So now you can "hoist" twice. Once for Barb and once for me.:)

Y'all have fun. And I've never been to Jakes, so one of these days some of the Moxies will have to meet up for a dinner there cause it sounds really good......:cool:

Guest Linda S

If I recall, Jakes isn't really all that far from the Convention Center, but it is across the river. I'm not all that fond of bridges, but I don't mind them when I'm in a vehicle!

Jake's is a ways from the Convention Center across the river and up 12 blocks. Max stops within 3 or 4 blocks and there is a parking lot just around the corner.

That being said, it is still up in the air. I have emailed (yesterday) and called (today) and still have not had my call or email returned so not sure they are interested in our business. I'll let you know plan B if necessary.

It sounds like we will have quite a few cars to facillitate car pooling.

Since I lived on that side of the river for a long time I am fairly familiar with several. All would require cars but I don't think that is a problem afterall. I will explore those possibilities if I don't hear back from Jakes real soon.

If anyone has a burning desire to go someplace special I am all ears. I always love suggestions.

Right now, I am leaning towards Gustavs out on 205. They have a large room we can try for. There is a smaller Gustavs closer but I am afraid they wouldn't have space for us. They are part both of the Rheinlander another Portland institution.

Well I finally got a response from Jake's. I don't think they are an option. They have one room with plenty of room for us but it has a $4000.00 minimum!!! gulp!!! The other option is a room that seats 24 and has a $2500.00 minimum. Yikes. Soooo it is on to plan B and on, I'll let you know as soon as I know. Who knows we could end up at pizza:o

Guest Linda S

Anyone up for Irish Pub food? Paddy's (sometimes known as the Library of Booze) has a private room. It's an Irish Pub at the corner of SW 1st and Yamhill -- not way too far away. I've always loved their deep-fried zucchini. I could call and find out if the room is available that evening. Otherwise, we could drive a bit down I-5 to Tualatin -- the Mall there has a McCormick and Schmick's which is nice (actually I think it's a down-scale Jakes), a PF Chang's, and then a bit down the road from there is a Claim Jumper, which while not too fancy has a wide variety of food.

Check out www.paddys.com

I have been to Paddy's but didn't know they had a room that large but then it has be a few years. If you want to make those arrangements that would be fine. McCormick and Schmicks is the parent company of Jakes.

There is a Spaghetti Factory across the river. I also thought of Stanfords at Lloyd Center which is very close. I can call them tomorrow.

I hate to get as far away as Tualatin because we have some folks who have class until 7:00 and they would really have a hard time making it that far.

Guest Linda S

Very true. There's a Red Robin just north of the Convention Center -- probably very close to where most of us are staying. I'll check with Paddy's today and see if the room is available and if they have a minimum. I noticed their menu is much more varied now than it used to be and the prices are quite reasonable. I'll let you know what I find out!

Guest Linda S

Paddy's http://www.paddys.com back room is available. Do you all want to check out the menu and see if you want to go there? I think they have a good variety of food. I did ask if they required a minimum and they didn't mention it in their email, so I'm assuming they don't. Paddy's is 1 mile from the Convention Center, and I'm pretty sure it's on the Max or Trolley line. Let me go check. Yep - you get on the Max Red Line at the Convention Center, then get off at Morrison and SW 3rd. Then it's a couple blocks to Paddy's. Let me know if this is okay and I can make the reservation. Just wanted to mention -- if any of you have signed up for the Fashion Show (I did, but I don't have to go), it starts at 7:30.

Linda

Archived