30s Sampler Wallhanging Ideas? Done w/ Pics & Pattern

Oh, so cute!!! What a pretty picture to greet a Sunday morning as I play hooky from church and meditate on my own this am!!!

I like the idea of CC's, maybe a loop in the trianges, and even a leaf/vine in the border to go with the flowers? Feathers or a block in the log cabin blocks.

It is just so cheery! Will love to see what you do with it.

Joanne Flamand

Artistic Quilt Design

www.artisticquiltdesignwordpress.com

What a sunny and happy sampler, Joan!

I like the diagonal formed by the Log Cabin blocks which are perfect for fat feathers. The same scale and shape of feathers could run along the pieced border.

The white half of the LC blocks perhaps need a design to fill them that will differentiate them from adjoining white areas. The white areas around the two floral blocks are an awkward shape with the added LC white areas. If you quilt the LC white halves with extra density and an interesting design, they will step back from the white in the next block. Then the squares and rectangle around the flowers can be stitched with a fill or echoing to make the floral blocks free-standing. Just a thought.

Of course, we want pics of the finished quilt, please!

Oh!!! I LOVE this quilt! I would do a feather all the way down the log cabin, and like Heidi suggested use those CC's in the squares, Maybe some McTavishing in the blocks with the flowers..I would probably piano key the border. What a cute , cute quilt! I can't wait to see your finished product!!! :) Do you know the name of the pattern? I would love to do this quilt! thanks! linda

Archived