Which way up, Hobbs 80/20?

I just got a roll of the Hobbs 80/20 and can't tell which way is up. Does anyone know which way they put the right side UP? I been finding with the Quilter's Dream and Warm and Natural, that the right side is in the inside fold. That's the smoother side, But this Hobbs 80/20, I can't tell.

Hobbs 80/20 has a resin bond instead of scrim. When all is perfect, you should not be able to tell the difference in the two sides. You may load the batting either way and should get great performance. The resin really does help prevent bearding and lint in the bobbin area. That being said, if you can tell a difference between the two sides, place the "scratchier" side down as this side has more resin. All of Hobbs products are double faced application with the exception of the cotton w/ scrim. This batting needs to be placed bumpy side up which will place the scrim against the batting. I hope this makes sense. If you have any questions please just contact me by phone or u2u etc. :)

I have now purchased and quilted many different battings and I always go back to Hobbs 80/20. It just is always the right thickness and I don't get bearding and such. Now, sometimes I do double batt with a poly but mainly I like to use Hobbs. I didn't get paid for this ad but if Lyn wants to send me free batt, I'll take it! ;)

I just finished the quilt. I used the inside folded side UP. I really like this Hobbs batting. I like the weight of the batting verses the QD Blend. It's much thinner and lighter, almost like a wool and cotton. The only problem I had was the batting starts to pull inward while rolling. When you pull it and stretch it out straight, it feels like the batting is going to tear. How do you keep it going straight throughout your quilting? Am I doing something wrong?

Guest Linda S

Hitomi - did you have the Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 or the Tuscany? I think the Heirloom is a little stretchy and usually gets mutilated in the rolled package.

I've tried the new Legacy 80/20 batting and really like it, but it has to be the one with the scrim -- the other stretches like no tomorrow. Ends up with both dimples and pimples when I tug on it.

Archived