Lenni Carriage

Did anyone ever go for the Lenni carriage with edgeriders set up which was posted quite a while ago. This set up was designed to be used with the Intelliquilter system, but can be purchased separately.

I was just wondering if anyone has it and can comment on how they are getting on with it.

I was kind of hoping that MM wheels would be available for the black steel table for Lenni like they are available for Millis and freedoms etc. But I think I have waited enough now as it does not seem to be on the cards without the bliss system.

Thanks.:)

Hi Kath,

Yes that is my thinking too and to me it is not worth it at the moment, but I would like to improve the existing carriage and wheels - I think Judy has the older style table and had the brown wheels - I don't think anyone has upgraded on the black steel table yet.

Plus of course if we ever decided to invest in IQ, then the carriage and wheels are already ready.

Hi Janette and Kath

You're right - mine was upgraded from one of the very first Lennis that went out so I can't say how much of an improvement it would be on the second version. Having said that, I think the money was money well spent. The machine definitely moves better and I'm not having anywhere near as much trouble on the diagonals.

You'll laugh at me for this. But, when I saw that Lenni was going onto yet another new table which would have M&M wheels, I thought I was going to be stuck forever with the old brown wheels. So I dashed off an order for the black wheels thinking I'd get really mad if some time down the track the black wheels were not available anymore! In the meantime the IQ/edgerider became available. So I have a set of new wheels just sitting there!

Oh well. What can I say, except I love my machine and love that there are innovative people out there inventing all sorts of gadgets to make quilting an absolute pleasure.

Best of luck

Judy

Thanks Judy for the feedback. It sounds like you are getting on better with the new set up. I suppose all wheel wear over time, and my Lenni has seen alot of work this last year!!!

Don't ya wish you lived in the states to have access to all of these gizmos and gadgets without having to deal with the import vat and duties?????

Take care,

Janette

Me too Kath. I am disappointed that we were left out of the whole MM wheels update. I have emailed Angela Huffman and Intelliquilter for some information, but have not heard from either yet. Did you get any information when you enquired before?

I don't want to order this only to find that APQS has something in the making similar to MM wheels for us without upgrading the whole table to bliss..

Hi Janette, I have not asked for any information, except last year when Angela posted photos on the forum. I know what you mean though, it would be just typical for us to order the edge rider carriage, and then for APQS to bring something new out. Though I have the feeling that it will have to be Bliss with APQS. Sadly it is a very expensive upgrade.

Let me know if you get some info back from Angela or Intelliquilt.

What information are you two waiting on? The carriage for Lenni with the ER wheels is $495.00 plus the shipping cost. As far as M&M wheels for the steel tabled Lenni's... we have been told numerous times that they will not fit.

I believe that Kasa Engineering is producing the new carriages on an "as needed" basis. If you are very interested in one, I can see about getting you on a waiting list, or get one on order.

Hi girls

Patty is correct, Kasa will make as requested and you just need to order through an edgerider rep. I guess this is because he only deals wholesale - though I have to say my carriage came direct from him, even though I paid my money through a rep! Persist and send him another email - he's quite helpful once you get his attention.

I ordered through Jennifer Kay at the Quilting Solution. They sell the Homesteader and Sidesaddle computer which I've also contemplated.

I approached them because I know of another Lenni owner who got new rails and wheels from them and was considering going that route. From the looks of it, what they are selling is either similar to, or the same as Urban Elementz new 'Railz' system which uses edgerider wheels. That type of square aluminium channel is being used in lots of different applications at the moment. It's very hard to know, living thousands of miles away.

Like Patty and Angela, Jennifer is an edgerider rep, so there's plenty of dealers willing to help.

I guess you'll just have to weigh up the cost against the possible benefits. I don't think I've made what you'd call a 'quantumn leap' with the new wheels. But then, perhaps I wouldn't consider M&Ms (if they'd fit!) a quantum leap either. It's a very personal thing.

However, they are very nice and I'm not fighting the machine as much any more. Diagonal movement has defenitely improved, and maintaining a curve is much easier.

So for me the money was well spent.

Best of luck in whatever way you go.

Judy

Archived