Finished Quilting my Glacier Star!

Originally posted by Front Porch Quilting

Hi Ardelle I have followed this and I love your quilt. It looks like you had a good time on your quilt retreat classes. Now the question are you going to quilt your husbands quilt too or are you going to make him do it? Both were sooooo beautiful.:):):)

I will take pity on him and quilt it, but have a full line up of customer quilts so not sure when it will fit in! He loves to make tops but leaves them for me to "play on," as he calls it!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ardelle,

Your quilt and quilting is just out of this world! I am home grown Albertan and just got back from visiting my family in Edmonton (and taking in the road show & maintenance class at Sparrow Studios.) I took a muscle memory class with Matt and did "l's and e's and swirls" WOW, did you ever make those come alive!!!! Thanks for posting and sharing. You are such an inspiration!!!!

Donna

APQS Liberty

Originally posted by Mrs.A

Drop dead gorgeous, Ardelle. How did you achieve such great photography? Nancy in Tucson

Meant to respond to this yesterday, but forgot.

LOL!!! I am usually not a great photographer, and my camera is an inexpensive digital. However I have recently learned that there is a button on my camera for "macro" or detailed close up! It really does the trick...

Originally posted by dmilner

Hi Ardelle,

Your quilt and quilting is just out of this world! I am home grown Albertan and just got back from visiting my family in Edmonton (and taking in the road show & maintenance class at Sparrow Studios.) I took a muscle memory class with Matt and did "l's and e's and swirls" WOW, did you ever make those come alive!!!! Thanks for posting and sharing. You are such an inspiration!!!!

Donna

APQS Liberty

Donna, you were only an hour away from our store!! You should have come for a visit...

Originally posted by MarieBrewer

WOW!!! It's trememdous!!! I picked up the pattern when I was in Colorado this spring. Hope I get it done. Any suggestions or tips?

My best tip is to take a class from a certified shop or certified instructor- like the one you bought it from. They have been taught how to pick fabrics for this quilt, how to teach you, how to fix mistakes and all Judy's tips (which are amazing!). You will learn soooooooo much! :)

Originally posted by Ardelle Kerr

Donna, you were only an hour away from our store!! You should have come for a visit...

I would love that Ardelle and I definately will next time through. Your quilt is so special and we drove through Glacier National Park a week before you guys did; your quilt is "one" with the beauty of that park.......spectacular!

I look forward to meeting you (and Roger)!

Donna

APQS Liberty

Archived