DeLoa's Rope a Dopes

I bought DeLoa's Rope a Dopes at MQS in May. I also bought the corner tools...which seemed wonderful when she demonstrated them. I know how to use the templates, but I can't remember how the corner tool works. Does anyone have an instruction sheet that shows how to use the corner tool?

Lynn

Yeah...it is only for drawing. It helps you in planning how to turn the corners so your rope is continuous around the border.....or at least that's the impression I got when I watched her do it at MQS. The demo for the corner tool isn't on the website. I emailed her but no response so far. I just quilted in a cornerstone so I could get on with the project this time. I'll call her after Labor Day and see if she can send me something. Maybe I should have taken notes....who knew!

• 2 months later...

I posted a note on her website asking for instructions on how to use the corner tool too, no response and still no instructions. they were perfectly happy to sell me the rulers quickly enough though!

I googled around until I found a competitor's site that at least gave an idea of how to handle corners. It had graphics and I printed out the page. Not a lot of real instructions but enough to get by.

I sure would like to see how DeLoa does it. I'm sure she is really busy and that it takes a lot to put together a video. I'm confident there will be instructions up there eventually :)

Yes Deloa is traveling but should be home by Monday.They had a 3 day class in Baton Rouge which was great.The rope a dope corner is only for marking.And there is a full sheet of instructions on how to use it for proper placement.I can copy the instructions and mail to you if you wish? Let me know.Later today I will see if I can connect my scanner to pc and just email instructions.After moving I haven't put my hard ware back to pc yet.

Archived