Lenni Carriages with ER wheels are now ready to ship

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jeanne,

Do you use the circle Lord Jeanne? if so do you know if this carriage is going to be compatible with the circle lord bracket? (I already put an order in prior to this post, but am just waiting for the answer to that question from the makers of the carriage before sealing the deal !!!)

How long do you have to wait to get yours?

As there doesn't look to be any MM's in our near future (without buying the whole new bliss table) I imagine that this is a good improvement still as it does look good.

Janette

I do have the circle Lord and I dont see any problems with the new carriage as if it needed to be adjusted I am pretty sure that Michael would be able to make that adjustment. It has not been a problem for any of the other people who got the edegrider wheels, so I am not worried about it.

I think mine should come by the end of next week, hopefully so I will be sure to let you know how it fits and works. I am hoping for a huge difference which seems to be what most people experienced from the standard wheels to the edgerider. I dont see why it would be any different with the Lenni. I am an optomist! It will be great!!

Originally posted by Janette

Hi Jeanne,

Yes I think that the circle lord bracket may need to be made longer from my studies of the photographs posted last year. not sure yet though. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with the carriage next week. Hope it is a big difference.

Janette,

I am looking at the installation instructions/pictures right now and the carriage appears to be no wider than the current wheel position and current carriage. Actually, it may be less as the horizontal wheels (for the head) mount under the bracket that attaches to the current wheel axle, and they ride in the side of the carriage. I have a paper copy of directions, if I can find my digital file, I will try to post pictures.

So, as long as it does not interfere with your current set-up, it should be fine.

Thanks Patty for that link. I can see that the main carriage is not as wide, but that metal bar at the back of the table which holds the vertical wheels juts out by what looks like a couple of inches, I am not sure that the bracket holding the circle lord stylus will jut out far enough past that metal bar in order to use the stylus without bumping into that metal bar at the back of the table (ie when using the long boards)

Nothing is unworkable though I suppose, just means making my bracket longer, or buying a longer one.

You wouldn't be able to go beyond the end of the table top anyway with the stylus for the boards. yes, you may bump into it, but it will only be about an inch inside of the table top frame.

If yours mounts like mine does, to an "L" shaped bracket that screws into the laser post hole, you could probably just drill new holes through that bracket and move the bar forward a bit to compensate for the inch or so you would lose. Then make some spacers equal to that bar width,to put against the frame to push your boards up against. Make sense?

Or buy a new longer one if you like, but I always try to "work around" any issues that may come up.:)

Hi Patty,

Yes I would rather work through these things than buy new stuff. That inch is very important on the Lenni though, most of the boards that I work on begin about half in inch in on the boards, and I couldn't move them forward because then you can't quilt all of the way to the top of the board without running out of space. I can't use the top of some of the boards as it is because of the throat space. So I don't think I would be able to reposition the bracket to help with this. I am sure my husband would be able to work out how to make the bracket longer, or maybe the rns bracket is longer enough to consider that instead.

most of my work is panto based so am not too worried and I want to do more freehand practicing too and these edgerider wheels with the carriage look like they may bring a little more control to my Lenni.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Janette

I only received your U2U this morning. Sorry I've had a busy weekend and didn't get on the computer.

That back bar is one inch and with a couple of spacers next to the wheel the total is one and one eighth inch. So you may lose some space there. I'm not sure as I have a front mounted Quiltazoid and don't do pantos.

Jeanne, Kath

I hope that the carriage is what you are looking for. I'm always a bit guarded about speaking too highly about a product as I would never want anyone to feel they had been mislead. Having said that, I've been reinvigorated since the new wheels/carriage and can't wait to get out there today and quilt up a storm!

Best regards

Judy

Hi Judy,

No problem, thanks. I have since found out that the circle lord bracket is short by about 2 cm - so I am going to have to find a way to either make the bracket at least 2 cm longer, so that I can still use my circle lord stylus at the back of the machine using this carriage set up or buy a longer one... Thanks again for measuring though.

Glad you are having fun with your new wheels and carriage.

Jeanne, Janette, Kath

I've had my carriage two months now. One thing that you will notice is that the vertical wheels that glide along the tracks are set a little wider than on the original carriage and stand out further from the machine. On the original APQS carriage they are under the carriage and the machine cannot go any further once the machine hits the end of the table. However, now the wheels stick out a bit further and can slip off the tracks when the machine is placed up against the end of the table. You will need some sort of stopper to remind you not to push the machine to the very end.

I used a couple of rice bags and they work fine.

Judy

Exciting Jeanne, hope you get it today or tomorrow, ours have been shipped but I expect we will need to wait a couple of weeks to get to UK..... you never know though.

Let us know how it goes. The link that patty posted above is really helpful it looks fairly straight forward enough.:)

I have emailed Michael to see what he suggests.

Originally posted by Katydids

You wouldn't be able to go beyond the end of the table top anyway with the stylus for the boards. yes, you may bump into it, but it will only be about an inch inside of the table top frame.

If yours mounts like mine does, to an "L" shaped bracket that screws into the laser post hole, you could probably just drill new holes through that bracket and move the bar forward a bit to compensate for the inch or so you would lose. Then make some spacers equal to that bar width,to put against the frame to push your boards up against. Make sense?

Or buy a new longer one if you like, but I always try to "work around" any issues that may come up.:)

I think I have just "clicked" with this suggestion.... I am a bit slow sometimes. Where to drill the holes though I'm not sure I have an inch on the bracket left to play with.

I do have a new carriage and it is all installed finally after two tries. I started to work on it and had to leave for our granddaughters 10th birthday party. She had a luau theme and they were all so cute with the grass skirts and lei's around there necks.

I did not get a chance to try the machine as I just finished getting it all set up after the party. The wheels do not come of the machine very easily, One side came right off and the other takes vicegrips to hold the shaft and a socket wrench to get the bolt off.

The encoders were both a little tricky, they have to be adjusted to fit the rails and the new carriage, but I managed to make it all work. I sent Michael a picture of where the stylus comes and he will need to lengthen the holder a little over an inch. He has all that ready to go, no problem there. The stylus seems to be fine and shouldnt have to be lengthened as the carriage is the same heighth as the other one.

I will load a practice on and give it a try tomorrow and let you all know what I think about how it handles.

It feels pretty good and smooth just rolling it around but the real test is in how it handles when sewing. I will need to check all my table again and be sure it is all level and ready to go,

Later. Have a good night and I will get back to you tomorrow probably in the afternoon as I have church in the morning. Later Jeanne

Archived