Lenni Carriages with ER wheels are now ready to ship

Originally posted by IBQLTN2

The encoders were both a little tricky, they have to be adjusted to fit the rails and the new carriage, but I managed to make it all work.

On the encoders the rubber wheel is what needs to be adjusted. There are 2 set screws on the metal ring, these need to be loosened and the encoder wheel can then be adjusted on the shaft to be positioned on the rail. Then retighten the set screws.

Another thing we discovered with Jeanne's delivery, is that the package needs to be signed for on delivery. It will not left at the door if no-one is home.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Jeanne, ours are currently USPS in Dublin OH !!! hope they come soon.

Am a bit nervous about setting it all up though. Glad that Michael is sorting something out for us with extending the bracket - I had best get one on order too.

Hope you managed to have a play today with the new set up - so is it smooth????

Kathy and Janette

I know you have been waiting to see what I think of the new Lenni Carriage and Wheels.

I have to say I just had a great time playing with the little quilt I just finished. I was not trying to do anything hard or fancy, just getting the feel for how it handles. I must say it handles very nicely. I did sid around the blocks free motion with one hand on the handles. I was able to keep it very steady without really even trying. Of course it was not perfect, It wasnt suppose to be. I was just trying to see how much control there was. I did alot of meandering which was very smooth and some ribbon candy with little effort. I am very excited about it and can't wait to put my angel baby whole cloth on and see how it does when I am trying to be fussy and exact. I think I will be pleased!!

And I think you will be as well.

thanks Kathy

I am hoping to get it done before the baby comes, she is due this week and Mom is at the end of her rope, she just wants it done. The last few weeks or days surely are the hardest. I just did a crosshatched pillow with the babys name in the halo for practice.

I want to do a practice of one feather as well for the back of the pillow but my marking pen gave out on me so I will have to wait till I can get another one before I can finish it.

I did use rulers for the crosshatching as I don't think anyone can quilt perfectly straight lines with out a little help..

Jeanne,

Glad you are enjoying the control with the new carriage. I can't wait to try it all out.

Sounds like it's just what I am wanting. Patiently waiting for. Mine is now in transit to destination from Chigago according to tracking info,. maybe sometime this week then.

Have fun with your Angel quilt. Hope your grandbaby is born soon to ease your daughters discomfort......

Speak soon

Janette

Ok, so you decide these are my first feather with the new wheels, Did it make a difference????

I am really amazed at how easy it is to follow the traced feathers and stay on track. And if you get off a little as long as they are smooth and round it really doesnt matter as the markings are going to be gone anyway.

post--13461906998315_thumb.jpg

Well, I didnt get it done before getting called away for the baby. Labor has begun, I got up at 5 am and worked on it some more but at 7 am got a call, Mom you better pack and get on the road to Charlotte. Waiting on 5 minutes apart before we go to the hospital. Say a little prayer for us.

Janette

You can make beautiful feathers like this too, believe me it was not hard. they were traced onto the fabric and I just was able to follow them nice as could be. I even started the crosshatch and center but that is as far as I was able to get till I get back home and get this baby to decide if she is coming or not.

Hi Jeanne,

Is this the angel baby quilt that you are working on? I see, so you trace the pattern onto cloth and quilt the lines. I have always struggled to quilt the line and am hoping the new carriage will help me with the control needed to do it. Out of interest though - could you do this before on the old carriage?

Hope your grandbaby comes soon - I know how hard it is at that stage, Ben was 10 days late and I was just desperate just to get him out !!!

Looking forward to see your progress.

:)

Janette,

I have tried it before with the old carriage, but it looked like bleck!! just like my pantos never looked very good. the curves is where I had the most trouble, just couldn't get them nice and smooth and round. There was always too much resistance because of the wheels didnt seem to be evenly loose, or tight. one direction was stiffer it seemed so when the axis changed it was always like fighting with it me wanting to go one way and the machine another way. Now, it just glides any direction you want to go without that pull. If that makes sense to you.

Thanks Jeanne,

Mine are the black ones, and for pantos I don't have too much resistance or problem because I go quite fast, however once I slow down for freehand work I notice a pull, and I have relevelled the table numerous times.

Glad the edgeriders etc are working out for you. It will be our turn very soon.....

I recieved my circle lord stylus holder extension yesterday afternoon, but have not had a chance to install it yet. I hope to have time to do that tonight. I just got home yesterday afternoon after a week with daughter and new grandbaby and was utterly exhausted.

It looks like it will be exactly what we need, I shall report back to you as soon as I can put it on. thanks.

this is a picture of the circle lord stylus holder installed with the edgerider carriage. I had to turn the top bracket upside down so the slot was pointing down where it attached and the bolts with the nuts on top instead of the bottom so it cleared the carriage track. the stylus is plenty long enough and the stylus handle fits under the rails without a problem.

post--13461907050752_thumb.jpg

I did test a board with it and it all seems A-OK

the stylus is long enough and not too long so all is well. You will just need to put the extension piece on to your current stylus a little different than it was before. just look at the picture here and it should work fine just as mine is. Hope your carriages come soon. I am pretty sure that they are not still in Chicago but just have not been scanned at the next location which is probably on your side of the pond!! good luck if you have any problems don't hesitate to post a u2u or an email to me if I can be of any help.

Archived