Word got out.

Word got out that I got a longarm in May. A fellow guild member handed me a quilt this morning and said "Do you think you could do this. Just want a small squiggly design about an inch apart in the blocks and I don't care how long you take. The blocks are squares appliqued with a large pair of colored flip flops in each. A grid separates the blocks. It is pretty straight forward and I said I would give it a try. I have done three quilts in pantos and have been practicing freehand. I just loaded some fabric and batting for some more practice, then I will take the plunge!! It feels like I am standing in line for an e ticket ride....I want to but do I REALLY want to. Only you of a certain age will know what an e=ticket ride is.

Sharon,

Yes, I remember what an E-ticket ride is!:P I lived just a few blocks from Disneyland in the late 50s and early 60s - we went every summer and whenever we had out-of-town company. We always had a bag of extra tickets in the hall closet - but never any D or E tickets left over....:(

Anyway, I'm of the opinion that, done right, Life is an E-ticket ride! So grab the lap bar and get ready to scream and laugh!! You can do this!!;)

I remember the e-ticket. You didn't get many of them.

I would do the quilt but not for free.

Like Barb said....grab that lap bar and go for the ride....just remember to stay seated until the ride comes to a full and complete stop! Sorry, I just had to!

I'm sure you will do a great job. I hope you share pics when you are done.

Speaking from recent experience (similar "it got out at a guild meeting" event) I suddenly had my first real quilt in my hands (and she is the owner of triangles on a roll, YIKES)....I was scared to death.....but it turned out pretty good and the very next week she gave me another quilt to do.....this one she plans to have it hanging in her booth in Houston at Market.......... you just never know what might come of your work. ........I say just go for it........!!!

P.S. as someone on this forum told me.......it gets easier with each quilt....she was right.

Take a deep breath and hold on tight you are starting a new ride.

I didn't think anyone would want me to quilt thier quilts with sooo many LA in our guild and they are all so good. I had shown a few quilts that I had done on a mega- quilter and then when I got my LA I was so excited that I posted it on facebook with pictures I couldn't help it and then I took a quilt in for show and tell and it has started it snowing. Not a blizzard yet but steady, I have been given 2 quilts this week and have 1 or 2 more coming on Sat. I just need to find time to do the 6 that I have of mine!!!:)

Enjoy Quiling your first you will do fine.

Oh, how exciting for you!! Just enjoy the process and everything will turn out just fine!!! And if there are any dips and curves you've got a great group here to get you through pretty much anything you do. Isn't it wonderful?!?

Oh, no E tickets at the Disney locations now. But fast pass is wonderful!!!! We manage to sneek out of the Iowa winter and spend a bit of time there during Feb. every year. Yippee. I'm proud to don my mouse ears!!!

Good luck and know you are never alone!

Archived