Classes O'Fallon IL, October 20-21

Myrna Ficken

Classes:

Thursday October 20, 2011

Day 1: First Session: 10:00am – 1:00

*Hot Curves Ahead!! ~ 3 hour class. Intermediate to advanced Lecture/Demo 50.00

Myrna will teach you beautiful curved crosshatching. Designs for your borders and blocks as well as background fills.

Second Session: 2:00pm – 5:00pm

*Fowlproof Feathers ~ 3 hour class; $75.00

This is an intermediate level class, but confident beginners should accept this class as a bit of a challenge. So many Feathers—so little time! Whether yours are long and narrow, short and wide, spiky, curvy, fluffy or flat—everybody loves feathers and everybody has their own style! Learn what yours will be. We’re going to get started with the most simple feather designs and we’ll jazz them up until they sizzle! Myrna will show you techniques for working around your border.

It’s all designed to make those feather designs blaze on your quilts.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 2: First Session: 9:00am -Noon

*Creating Spaces: Rulers, template and more, oh my.

Drawing and design class/demo 3 hour class $75.00

This is an intermediate level class. One of my favorite things to do is to transform a quilt by creating new spaces within it, I'll teach you how. You can add to blocks, borders, sashings, etc. Learn to use your imagination and allow it to help you create spaces then discover what to do in these spaces to enhance your quilt! I'll teach you how to use tools that you may already own and learn to use whatever else you might have on hand! We will look at the possibilities using your stencils in new ways. You have permission to have FUN in this class!! We will be drawing and creating designs in this class. This is an awesome class and will get your creative juices going. I will demo using rulers and if time allows have you practice a bit.

SUPPLIES: Please bring your favorite rulers to work with or use what is provided. Sketchbook and pencils. You may bring a small top that you would like to create designs during class.

Second Session: 1:00pm – 4:00pm

*Just Do It ~ 3 hour class~ Lecture Demo $75.00

This is a beginner to intermediate level class in which you will learn some fun techniques. I’ll teach you leaves, flowers, and all kinds of jazzy, funky, cool freehand designs that can be used on any quilt, blocks and E2E. Fast and easy edge-to-edge designs to some thinking “outside of the box.”

Contact Myrna to register

myrnaf@q.com 435-229-2703 cell, I will be on travel teaching so leave a message and I will you back ASAP.

If you would you like to host classes in your studio or shop contact me for details.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived