DeLoa Jones teaching in Baton Rouge, LA

lpeacock

Longarm Quilter’s Workshop with DeLoa Jones

Save the dates: Tuesday November 8 and Wednesday November 9, 2011

DeLoa Jones, well known national longarm quilting teacher, has agreed to come to Baton Rouge after the Houston Quilt Festival to do 2 days of her hands-on classes. See the website I created just for these classes: www.peacockhills.net for more info.

The classes will be held at Goldilock’s Getaway located at 16666 Jefferson Hwy, Baton Rouge, LA 70817. There will be enough quilting heads available so that there will be only 2 students per machine with a max of 10 students per class. This will allow for plenty of individual time and attention per student.

DeLoa’s class schedule:

Tuesday November 8, 2011

Quilt Me a Garden - $150

8:00 – 12 noon

Splish Splash Feathers - $150

1:00 – 5:00 pm

Wednesday November 9, 2011

Filling in the Fillers - $150

8:00 – 12 noon

Border Patrol 2 - $150

1:00 – 5:00 pm

Beverages and some type of light snack is included in the class fee.

For those wanting to come in on Monday night and/or wish to stay Tuesday and/or Wed night, Goldilock’s Getaway can sleep 8 people with 2 guests per room unless 2 people want to double up in the queen beds, then it’s 10. (Cost does not change per person.) 2 rooms share a full bathroom that is located between them while the other 2 rooms each have a full luxury bath of their own. A light, continental style breakfast will be provided each morning for guests spending the night. Cost per night is $30 per person double occupancy. First come/first served.

Goldilock’s Getaway has a large common area where the long arms will be set up, a TV lounge (extended basic cable) with 2 sofa’s and 2 recliners, a full gourmet kitchen and wifi with high speed broadband internet so you can bring your iPad or laptop and stay connected.

Also for those desiring it, a light lunch can be arranged for an additional cost. For dinner there are several restaurants nearby and some eateries that will deliver to the center.

Send in your payments with your class choices indicated by October 13, 2011. No refunds unless you or we can fill your spot. We reserve the right to cancel a class or the entire workshop by October 28 if classes do not fill (Full refund given, of course).

See the Class Descriptions Page for more info on what DeLoa includes in her hands-on classes and don’t forget to see the Extra Extra! Pages about possibly adding a 3rd day.

A separate reservation and check needs to be sent for Goldilock’s Getaway stay request.

Who am I? I am Lisa Peacock, a new longarm quilter that is anxious to be able to have well known teachers come to our area. DeLoa and her husband set up my APQS Freedom and Compuquilter last November and I have really wanted to get to take some classes. When I found out that DeLoa was going to be in Houston, I approached her about coming to Baton Rouge for several days. I'm so excited about this possibility and hope you can join us!

AND, if there is enough interest, we will add 1 or 2 classes for a 3rd day!

See the website for all the info, paperwork, class schedule and directions.

www.peacockhills.net or call me @ 225-292-0276

Lisa Peacock

Archived