Waiting on Grand Baby(picture on blog)

Well, I got a call at 7 am that my daughter was in labor, got ready and headed for Charlotte, NC made it in 3 hours and we have been waiting all day for the contractions to get to 5 minutes apart. They have flucuated back and forth got to about 7, 8, 9 and then 20 and 24, now back to 7, 8 Dr says to wait until they are 5 minutes apart for an hour. Looks like it will be a middle of the night thing, Ugh

Good thing we are only about 5 minutes from the hospital

Please say a little prayer that she will hurry up and that labor will be bearable.

You all are the best!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news! Hoping for an easy and uneventful delivery. It sometimes seems that it's worse for the grandma than the mom!

When the time comes, give that new precious bundle a sweet kiss from the aunties here, tell your daughter what a great mom she is, congratulate your DSIL, and try to sleep after all the excitement!

just got back from the hospital, Braxton Hicks, no dialation after 15 hours of contraction, what a let down.

Gave her something to try to help her sleep and hopefully they will either let up all together or start getting regular and actually do something. Hard to see her go thru this with no progress. Please do pray for a restful night of sleep and maybe a better go at it tomorrow. her actual due date is thursday the 22nd so it isnt like she isnt readyl thanks for your prayers, I know the Lord knows we are Ready!!

Up bright and early, not really any changes, Tanya did get a few hours sleep but that is all, now she has a bad headache and nauseous to add to the B hicks that arent doing anything, DR. says this can go on for a few days, Not sure I can handle seeing that. My poor sweet girl. Prayers appreciated for sure.

Praying for a safe delivery and healthy baby and Mom, afterwards. For peace of mind for all of you, and relaxation for your dd and sil, and YOU..

Congrats Jeanne, you are so blessed with all those grandchildren. and this one will just as special.. can you imagine all of them including her, at your place for a holiday or sleep ;):D

Jeanne, why doesn't the dr. give her something to speed up the labor? It just seems cruel to me. I was in hard labor 16 hours before they did a C section (such a blessing). I had told Mike I was going to die. But.....that baby is 34 now. Tanya needs some relief and I hope she gets it soon. And you know what that meansl.....while she is recovering and sleeping SOMEBODY can hold that precious baby!!!!

Oh, Jeanne, this must be so hard for you to see your daughter struggle like this. She is so blessed to have you there. My thoughts are with both of you. I too had a difficult first baby in a military hospital and I was all alone. I told my husband "no more kids!" (maybe I should have said s-x...that would have gotten his attention!) that dear son is now 42 and my beautiful daughter, who is pregnant with her first, is 38. Somehow we all survive and go on to have more!

Big hug to both you and your daughter. And, my prayers are for a healthy baby and Mom.

Anxious for the next update!

Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for you, your daughter and her family, Jeanne! I just went through it with my daughter and yes, it is hard! They wouldn't give her anything until she was dialated to a certain point and it took forever to get there! Then it went fast, though. I hope your daughter has a good delivery and soon. Big ((((HUGS)))

I hope that things are moving along for your daughter now. I had a tough time with our first baby, too. I was in labor for about 23 hrs. and they finally decided that the baby was in distress and did a C-section. That baby is now 35 with a 5 yr. old daughter of her own. Second time around, the doctor told me up front that he would be doing a C-section. I recovered much quicker with the second.

Archived