TMB Heritage quilted finally

I decided to just FMQ the whole thing and keep it extremely simple. I put funny little swirls in the body of the quilt and practiced some feathers on the border. I did a SID around all of the borders. Used QD batting. I think the thread was Metro Emb Gold. It was pretty anyway.

There is a sunny spot coming through my up high windows so there is a sunny spot on the picture. Gotta love the sun.

post--13461907048198_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by yankiequilter

Pretty! Love those 10 minute block quilts. How did you get the white border around the red centers?

I did the block using the light color as the set in square. After the blocks were sewn and before I turned the edge of the center square to sew down I placed the red fabric square there and turned the edge over that and sewed it down. Sort of like a Cathedral Window. It was really easy.

The true story behind the little swirls is my M&M wheels seem to be out of adjustment. I am having a lot of trouble making nice circles. I could always make pretty nice circles before. And the machine doesn't want to back track worth a darn. Well, anyway, I was going to practice until I could make really good circles and I was adjusting my machine as I went. Never did get the machine adjusted right, but I kind of liked the wonky looking swirly things so I just kept doing it until the quilt was done then I was tired of being at the machine so I finished the quilt and walked away. Today I am back to trying to get my wheels adjusted. Just took a break. The absolutely BEST part about today is it's already 5:30 and I'm still in my jammies. Gotta love that.

Oma, I really like it. Love how the big blocks show off the fabric and the quilting. I'm putting this in my favorites for two reasons.....one, I love the quilt and your quilting ideas, and two, when I need a ray of sunshine this will brighten me up!

Hope you get your wheels figured out. You have a gorgeous new studio, now you need your machine to cooperate.

Maybe we should all make ourselves some quilted jammies! Wholecloth, quilted jammies and robe.....the ultimate! It least for those of us in the "snow belt"! :D

Originally posted by kathyd

Love your quilt and the quilting as well. May I ask what you did in your red squares or did you leave them unquilted.

Thank you for sharing....I've added his to my favorites!

KathyD;)

I'm laughing because I left them open. I SID around them then I wasn't sure what I wanted to do inside them. I kind of liked them open. It isn't a very big area. My original squares were 10 inches (layer cake pack) so the red centers are under five inches. Anything would have worked, even a nice heart design, but as of right now...they have nothing in them.

Susan, thanks. That's why I like the quilt too.

Jammie idea is a good one. I used to work on my stained glass in the garage in the winter and I had flannel pajamas I always wore because they were more comfortable than sweats. The UPS guy alway commented on how nice it must be to be able to work in my jammies. They were very smart looking men's pajamas.

Wheels are much better. Hubby came up and tightened the gold bolts under the cams. They were REALLY loose. That seemed to help a lot. I adjusted the cams like I've heard before...the two head ones are at the 10 o'clock position and the two other ones are at the 12 o'clock positions I think. We are "eye balling" them and practicing. I won't get to play with them much today because SIL is bringing over a quilt and we are going to use the computer on it. I welcome all suggestions on those cam adjustments. I have M&M wheels on a Liberty. Anyone?????

Archived