Circle Lords

I am new to this forum and look forward daily to everyone's comments and quilt photos. I am happy to say that I am the proud owner of a Millie as of last December. I have had so much fun! I have joined a local quilt guild and have been doing some charity quilts for practice along with some store displays for our local sewing center. I recently came across the Cirle Lords tool and how it could increase my design base. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

The circle Lord tool is a great addition to any new machine owner as it makes even the novice look like a professional quilter as the quiting is always perfect and it really helps to get the business going in a good direction.

I have the circlle lord and love it and the service we get with it.

I loved my Circle Lord tools. I recently sold mine because I finally came up with the money to get an Intelliquilter (computerized drive), but I absolutely loved those tools and it was hard to see them go. Not only do they provide you with wonderful overall designs (the big boards), but with precise little designs that you can plop right into any spot in your quilt with precision. The stepping discs can give you a good variety of designs. So much fun to play and see what you get. Their design books are great too. The customer service cannot be beat.

The Circle Lord long boards will get you quilting professionally right away -- and bring repeat customers.

The CL basic is great for those times you do custom work, but I would definitely start out with a few long boards. The more you buy, the bigger the discount, AND you can pay monthly, with no interest.

I love my Circle Lord too! I have an Intelliquilter on order, but I can't see giving up my Circle Lord, at least for a while.

It gives me the confidence to work on customer quilts without the anxiety over how my work will turn out. It's always terrific with Circle Lord. So it makes money for me and makes it more fun to quilt. What could be better?

I have mixed feelings about my Circle Lord. Their directions are not very good, they say you just have to try it and then you'll figure it out. Also, many of the designs are so thread intensive that they don't make sense. the other thing I didn't like is having to drag the thread from one design to the next. My machine was always getting caught on the threads underneath the quilt.

The featherz is nice, but if you don't hit it just right, it can look funny in the middle. I've learned how to do feathers without it and that was very worthwhile.

I do wish I had been able to learn how to use the cable board and how to get around the corners before i sold it. I just never really figured it out and I know it would have been nice.

My all time favorite board was the FanClam. If I decide to replace any of the boards I sold I would get that one.

I love the Circle Lord and all the templates. They have gotten me up and running and made my quilting look professional from the start. You can use it from the front of the machine and get precise design placement. The giant templates are great end to end quilting, or to fill the body of the quilt quickly. If you ever have a problem or question about using the products they are just a phone call away, but the Circle Lord and all of the products are easy to use and Michael and Kay provide wonderful customer service and support. They are available almost 24/7/365 and go out of their way to assure customer satisfaction.

Michael frequently introduces new templates that make our quilts look wonderful and professionally done. There is a no interest payment plan that makes it easy to buy and own the Circle Lord and templates and everything has a money back guarantee.

Take a look at the Circle Lord quilt show, a contest they sponsored about two years ago. Over 350 quilts quilted by many people with Circle Lord products, all different and beautiful. This will give you an idea of how versatile the products are. http://circlelordindex.blogspot.com/

Carmen, thanks for reposting that CL Quilt Show - that is a "crazy" amount of quilts using the CL templates!!! I just received the Lily Template and have yet to open the box, but now I have been reinspired by all that "eye candy"! By the way, I love your "out of the box" quilting on Batiks with your CL "toys".

• 3 years later...

I just received my first three giant templates and have a question re the set up use.  My paperwork is downstairs so do not remember what type it said to use, a product to keep it from moving around on the table.  What type has everyone used?  Two sheets said something from Wal-Mart and another listed a different product.

What should I look for and what should I avoid?  I do have a Wal-Mart across town but dread going to it.  I am off tomorrow and hope to get the stylus mounted and I have a UFO from maybe 2001 that I put borders on for my first test of the Baptist Fans.  Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jan

Jan, I line my panto table with waffle grid shelf liner. It's available at hardware stores as well as wal mart . Once the boards are in place I place a piece of painters tape across the ends to prevent accidental shifting while advancing the quilt. I consider my CL boards the best investment I've made. Much easier to use than pantos and my customers love the designs. Good luck and have fun.

My wonderful husband made me a cart to store my boards.  The long boards lay flat and the cart rolls under the machine table.  Very handy.  I do have a question about the squircles.  Can anyone who has written numbers on their squircles please take a picture and show me how  you did it?  I don't know if the numbers should start at the end and go to the center or start at the center and go to the end.  I'm so confused about labeling them.  My instructions didn't really specify.

Also, do you put the red large circle on the paddle first, and then use the gray squircles on it?  I have viewed the video and read the instructions, but the more I read, the more confused I get.   I've played with it today, and although I made some circles, I'm not sure I'm using it the correct way.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks....

I love my circle lord system and boards. You can't beat there customer service. Michael is so helpful, you will really like him and his wife. I can't say enough good things about my boards they sew out perfect everytime. I just got the Jester board and it is really pretty stitched out.  If you watch sometimes some of the gals here will sell some of their boards especially if they buy the intelliquilter. I think I would keep some of my boards even when I put the intelliquilter on my Millie.

Archived