Finally finished my "Insomnia"

I started this quilt a few months ago and finally finished it today. I had quilted everyone else's "insomnia" but never had the chance to do mine. I made my quilt a queen size so I had to do alot of extra blocks.

The original pattern called for 1 bali pop or jelly roll with 2 extra strips (42 total) to make 42 blocks. My finished quilt took 143 blocks. I like to make my bedspread with no border on the top so I know which way the quilt should lay on my bed. I quilted this with Hobbs 100% wool (love that stuff) and I love the effects that this batting has to your quilt.

post--13461907067628_thumb.jpg

Nice work. That is a fresh thought for no border on the top. I have usually put the borders all the way around so I can vary the tug and wear on the quilts by not having them on the same way every time. My son's graduation quilt needs new binding and backing at the top because of the directional nature of the quilt. His beard stubble has worn right through the fabrics because he likes to really wrap up in his quilts. His is the only one that I have had that happen to.

Archived